Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Claud Makalele was hailed as world class

Claude Makelele was hailed as world class because he was utterly world class. 

Real Madrid didn't win a thing for 3 seasons when he left in 2003 for Chelsea. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Game of two halves, I felt. Poor first and better second. 

I understand your reasoning.

but I don't see containing a team who hasn't lost away ,before yielding to us, yesterday as poor in any half.

It wasn't gungo or swashbuckling granted and it wasn't convincing at times, but it was resolute and effective....something we have failed to achieve of late.

The better play will come....but right now we need points, before anything else.....This team we played have been dogged this season, not the type of opposition, we wanted on the back of 5 defeats.

I think our team deserve real credit, for securing a win.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand your reasoning.

but I don't see containing a team who hasn't lost away ,before yielding to us, yesterday as poor in any half.

It wasn't gungo or swashbuckling granted and it wasn't convincing at times, but it was resolute and effective....something we have failed to achieve of late.

The better play will come....but right now we need points, before anything else.....This team we played have been dogged this season, not the type of opposition, we wanted on the back of 5 defeats.

I think our team deserve real credit, for securing a win.

I felt that he committed himself to a few challenges poorly and his challenge didn't stick, resulting in Brighton being able to counter with the ball quickly as they were very quick to second balls. He was more composed second half. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was strange as he rushed at a few players Bissouma included and they swatted him off like a fly,  but he made some vital interceptions and his passing was ok.

One thing Gerrard didn't do which I think Dean would have had we been drawing or losing was take Nakamba off and we never lost our shape because of that.

Nakamba isn't an impact player, bringing him off the bench to 'see out' a game has never worked.

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Claud Makalele was hailed as world class because he used to win the ball and pass it in any direction 5 yards and have around 95% accuracy.

Yesterday we scored because Marvellous intercepted the ball and then passed it 5 yards forwards to Young who then opened the game up and created the chance for Ollie.

What a bizarre comparison

• Like 3

Makelele was the greatest to ever play DM. There's a reason they still call it the Makelele position.

A case for Marv though. Loves a tackle and always gives 100% for the shirt. He has absolutely zero on the ball intelligence/ability and what he has isn't really enough, granted, but I've a lot of respect for the effort.

I'm sure we'll buy somebody in January who'll supplant both him AND Luiz. Somebody who can do more than just tackle and give 100%. I'd have no issue with him being used in the cups or from the bench though, especially against more robust lower league clubs or sh*thouses like Burnley.

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

At best this guy is no more than a stop gap till we get better. He puts himself about, doesn’t hide, but simply isn’t going to get us to where we want to be.

He's a championship standard player, at best. I dont understand how anyone watches him play and sees anything else. He's basically Glenn Whelan. 

I never gave him enough credit for last match, or the goal either, as well as his all round performance.

His stats for the match were brilliant, and it's actually him who recovered, and made the smart pass to Ashley, who went on to break and feed Ollie.

Brilliant all round team goal, of which he was the nucleus.

Take a bow son!

Just watched Holy Trinity show and the little breakdown highlighted this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's a championship standard player, at best. I dont understand how anyone watches him play and sees anything else. He's basically Glenn Whelan. 

Well one thing he has over Whelan is he doesn't do a complete suicide pass leading to a goal every other game

On 21/11/2021 at 08:21, Sulberto21 said:

Yesterday we scored because Marvellous intercepted the ball and then passed it 5 yards forwards to Young who then opened the game up and created the chance for Ollie

Thats just doing what he is paid to today. He had a decent game but you compare him to  bissouma hes just in a different class. We need better!

I think its fair to say ,we need better, but in the mean time, he does a valuable job, the best he can.

It was interesting to see SG call him over after the second goal and bam he hits a telling tackle straight after the Restart.

We just have to get the best out of what we have until January, when I think we will sign a few.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Vastly underrated by many here - does the unglamorous work well for me.

Decent Mid table Prem player for me which I think is still our level at the moment. 

Sorry but there’s no way Nakamba is a decent mid table prem player. 

He’s ok cover for DM. That’s it

24 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Vastly underrated by many here - does the unglamorous work well for me.

Decent Mid table Prem player for me which I think is still our level at the moment. 

True, but the issue is, we aspire for higher. (Owners and Board )

We can only do that, with players good enough for, or with the potential to get to that next level.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â