Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

We know Nakamba is limited but he did ok today. Was thinking during the match if we had Bissouma we would be a different team, he saved Brighton’s back three numerous times during the game, quality player.

• Like 4

Just now, rodders0223 said:

When the game is stretched and it's frantic he's the man. Had a great  period today.

When it's tactical and slow and cagey he is not the man.

Fully agree with this certainly a high tempo player. One of his biggest downfalls is he's so one footed as is McGinn which makes their passing lanes and direction very easy to read when there isn't space.

Had a good game but I still wince every time he’s in possession. 
Had 96.4% passing accuracy only behind el ghazi (6 passes and 100%) from 28 passes.

Joint second most tackles (3) with mcginn, Targett was first with 7. 

I thought Bissouma was a level above tho, he stopped two of our counters in the first half and one in the second with some great tackles. He had 7 tackles and 1 interception and 52 passes at 92.3% accuracy. He would transform our midfield 

At the risk of being trite -- on second thought, let me just be straight-up trite -- no matter what happens in the future with Marvelous and Villa, I don't reckon that any player has better captured the feelings of Villa supporters earlier this year at a particular moment in time.  

marv.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Love the way any praise given is followed by a negative. It would be great if the manager could develop his game and he becomes indispensable. I have no doubt that if this were to happen he would still be classed as shit by experts on here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Love the way any praise given is followed by a negative. It would be great if the manager could develop his game and he becomes indispensable. I have no doubt that if this were to happen he would still be classed as shit by experts on here. 

Spot on. Some of the comments towards Nakamba are disgusting. 

I've seen plenty worse in a Villa shirt, plenty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spot on. Some of the comments towards Nakamba are disgusting. 

I've seen plenty worse in a Villa shirt, plenty.

Plenty worse. One thing with Nakamba is you always get 100%

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Played well but in typical Marv style he somehow got hilself booked with his touch after a great interception

He's definitely a "second touch is a slide tackle" type of player, but he's always up for a scrap. Love watching him thunder into a 50 50.

Â