Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Doesnt this buyback also require Luiz to agree on it?

I don't know but I remember somebody said that the player agrees to it at the time of initial transfer, and they can't renege later.

I like Luiz and would like him to stay permanently and continue developing, however if City activate the clause then 35 mil would certainly give the club the opportunity to get a good replacement.

It’s a win-win situation. Buying him has been a great move regardless of the clause.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

For those saying losing him wouldn’t be a problem - how many players like him do you think there are out there? I think he’d be a huge loss.

It’s an integral position in how teams play, if City do activate the buy-back option then Villa will be forced to use every single penny of the purported £35m fee, and then some, to get a replacement. I don’t know how ppl can’t see how vital the position is, or how integral Luiz has been. Luiz leaving would leave a huge void to fill. 

• Like 2

I've defended him all along but there's not defending that. And if they don't score the pen they don't get their second a few minutes later. 

Fool

Edited by WooJung

He simply handed them the game, from a losing position. Pogba going away from goal with nothing on. Here have a goal, and another a few mins later.

It's not naivety because he did exactly the same thing against Pogba already this season.

On 03/05/2021 at 11:01, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I like Luiz and would like him to stay permanently and continue developing, however if City activate the clause then 35 mil would certainly give the club the opportunity to get a good replacement.

It’s a win-win situation. Buying him has been a great move regardless of the clause.

We can buy a much better player than him for 35m. 

One mistake doesn’t define his season. The 10-15+ poor games he’s had do. He’s young, so he’ll get better, but if we want to improve, we absolutely need a better defensive midfielder in front of our back 4. 

Personally, he needs to learn from his mistake. You could see it happening even before it did, especially as it was Pogba and he couldn’t wait to feel the slightest touch to go down. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Let himself down there. Was playing well up until then but his teammates' reaction says it all. Absolutely stupid decision making.

Yeh i thought he was having a good game until then. Another moment of madness.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

When are Man City coming back in for the " Best young defensive Midfielder in the country " ?

Some VT'ers words. 

We need a better Defensive midfielder , Quarter Back or whatever you want to call it than DL, sorry

He can " Improve" and learn from the bench IMO.

• Like 1

Â