Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I was furious with Doug Luiz when he fell for Pogba's well rehearsed cheating tactics. It's so obvious what he does that i find it hard to believe a player could fall for it again, even worse than he fell for it in the reverse fixture.

Players now know Luiz & Cash do this so they just get the ball into the box and deliberately dawdle around on the ball waiting for the slightest contact and then diving to the floor screaming. Of course it works for the scummy six teams as 100% of the time it's a penalty. .. Not so much for the rest of us mind as our players are much more likely to be booked for diving & sent off..... DOH!

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'm enjoying my day, let me enjoy it in peace, come and take my peace! I am a passionate player for the club and I never wanted to commit a penalty like this and end up harming the team and the result, now, whoever doesn't understand me, **** you, happy to be 23 years old, with many mistakes and learnings

i didn’t translate the second one but with my limited understanding it basically says thanks for the messages, I can’t respond to you all but I love you all like family.

Thanks for that.

Thought as much... same old story. You only have to go into his comments on his latest IG post to see the usual drivel Villa fans are directing at him. Absolutley no need for it. Silly penalty to concede but it's done now and we move on. Leave the guy be, especially on his birthday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

No Neither me.

I just don't see him in his current role.....but thats just me. I find his defensive work very frustrating at present, but thats just me.....I like his work on the ball, but I want more from that role....his off the ball work and lack of closing down or close contact fills me with melancholy.

I am rather hoping he turns in to a Idrissa Gueye or a Kante....but I guess that is wishful thinking....we will see.

I see him as an 8 as opposed to a 6....but form can change opinions and the back end of last season, I saw a different Douglas Luiz, who was arguably our best player during the run in.

I haven't seen that player this season, sadly.

I agree, he hasn't looked great as a DM this season. I think longterm he probably is more suited as an 8. 

He's too good to just get rid of though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Luiz getting mullered on his social media. We really have some rocket polishers supporting this club

So much for the social media boycott.

Didn't do anything.

Shitty people do shitty things. Nice people do nice things.

No boycott or protest will ever change that.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I agree, he hasn't looked great as a DM this season. I think longterm he probably is more suited as an 8. 

Get rid?

I think Luiz is an awesome player. Just deployed in the wrong position.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Oh I agree with that.

The way I see it, they all have to fight for places, the squad depth is too small anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Oh I agree with that.

The way I see it, they all have to fight for places, the squad depth is too small anyway.

Absolutely. I can't wait for next season and probably more likely the following one, where are squad depth is going to be much better.

Let’s be honest though, and I’m guilty myself of this in the not too distant past, that VillaTalk is also social media; there’s not much difference between the direct shit they get on Instagram and the comments on here. We all have bad days at work, and he had been having a very good day until the mistake. It’s not the first time this season our players have highlighted the shit they get thrown at them. We should all have a good hard look at ourselves and how we talk about players on here too.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely hate our fanbase at times. 

I'm convinced, he'd have been sarcastically cheered off today if VP was full. 

Maybe it’s because I’m more exposed to our fan base than other teams but I think we have to be amongst the worst...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Let’s be honest though, and I’m guilty myself of this in the not too distant past, that VillaTalk is also social media; there’s not much difference between the direct shit they get on Instagram and the comments on here. We all have bad days at work, and he had been having a very good day until the mistake. It’s not the first time our players have highlighted the shit they get thrown at them. We should all have a good hard look at ourselves and how we talk about players on here too.

Not for me. There's a world of difference between this forum and actually sending the player abuse or tagging them into abuse. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely hate our fanbase at times. 

I'm convinced, he'd have been sarcastically cheered off today if VP was full. 

I genuinely hate those that do that....but, I have not be overly pleased with him lately, and I can explain why, 

but he is young as you say, he needs some direction and be played in a more suitable role, that suits his attributes.

He will know more than us, about his game today....no need for anyone to rub it in.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Maybe it’s because I’m more exposed to our fan base than other teams but I think we have to be amongst the worst...

Every team is terrible, but I hold Villa to a higher standard. I wish we could be the one set of fans that gets behind the players no matter what.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not for me. There's a world of difference between this forum and actually sending the player abuse or tagging them into abuse. 

I agree, but it’s not a million miles away. We know the club are aware of this place, if I was a player I can’t say I wouldn’t take a look here.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Yeah, and I got it to some extent. I was a ST holder for 15 years before relegation. Those last 5 and 6 were bad and I get why the place turned toxic. But it's as if we can't change that now. There doesn't need to be such anger and frustration, We're on the up, let's just get behind them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Let’s be honest though, and I’m guilty myself of this in the not too distant past, that VillaTalk is also social media; there’s not much difference between the direct shit they get on Instagram and the comments on here. We all have bad days at work, and he had been having a very good day until the mistake. It’s not the first time our players have highlighted the shit they get thrown at them. We should all have a good hard look at ourselves and how we talk about players on here too.

No, completely different. This is a fan forum. As long as it’s not racist, homophobic, threatening etc fans are in a safe space to post opinions positive and negative. 

Twitter and Instagram are for those who want to interact with the players. So completely depressing that certain fans insist on being so vile (although in true internet spirit you can’t be sure that they’re actually our fans at all-probably are tho).

Edited by WallisFrizz

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. I can't wait for next season and probably more likely the following one, where are squad depth is going to be much better.

me too.

but i want to see us as a group be more proactive, without the ball, that may seem paradoxical.....I think we allow teams too much free space on the ball.....we make it too easy for them.

Â