Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Is it OK to give "shit" to people who are not on this forum? I understand forum rules probably allow it, but ????

In terms of the players I think it's acceptable, just about 

There's a world of difference between posting he's shit on here and contacting him via social media private messages to say the same

Taking it further the Mike Dean stuff from a few weeks ago where he doesn't even have a social media account so people were searching out his kids and family members so they can message them "tell your dad he's a word removed" 

What the **** is wrong with people 

The social media companies have to do more, I doubt the police can unless it crosses various lines, the suggestion that the players have to come off the platforms misses the point by miles, it's not just a football problem 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I do get what you mean. This place isn't directly comparable to social media but I think if we want to hold it to a higher standard then the only difference shouldn't be just that it's ok because the players can't see it. There has been stuff down the years that's been of that level about people that really don't deserve it and we could all probably do with being cognizant of avoiding it.

I’m out of reactions for the day, but thanks. I think after reading El Ghazi’s interview and seeing this today along with the negativity of the match thread, it’s got to me. I’m looking at my own comments in the past as much as anyone else’s, I’ve used this forum as a brain dump previously but it is public and I don’t think I should be saying anything I wouldn’t be able to say or justify to the players themselves. I don’t mean to call anyone out or suggest anyone is a bad person!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Is it OK to give "shit" to people who are not on this forum? I understand forum rules probably allow it, but ????

When I say " Give shit ", I mean talk about performances, thoughts and so on, as I do with any other player.

I rarely ( If ever ) go in on people personally.

The only time I comment on, or message a player on any of the public social forums, is to congratulate, big them up, or motivate. ( If you don't have anything good to say.... etc )

Unless you are trying to insinuate that we shouldn't criticise players on here now?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a world of difference between posting he's shit

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean talk about performances

I get it ... 

Footballer makes mistake! ... extra, extra read all about it. It isn't exactly news. It goes without saying as supporters we will continually want to upgrade the team until the point the whole thing become untenable/unfordable. 

If we think "giving shit" to Luiz (or anyone else) on Villa talk somehow benefits our self esteem, Luiz or the Club, let me know how this works.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely hate our fanbase at times. 

I'm convinced, he'd have been sarcastically cheered off today if VP was full. 

Yep, he would have been. I actually think we have some of the worst fans in the league, our away fans are class mind. Too quick to get on the players backs, zero chance we beat Pool 7-2 at home, the minute Salah pulls one back the place would go tense and any slight misplaced pass would cause a groan.

Anyone who directly sends or even comments abuse on a players social media needs to be banned from Villa Park. Nobody would say any of this stuff to his face.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I get it ... 

Footballer makes mistake! ... extra, extra read all about it. It isn't exactly news. It goes without saying as supporters we will continually want to upgrade the team until the point the whole thing become untenable/unfordable. 

If we think "giving shit" to Luiz (or anyone else) on Villa talk somehow benefits our self esteem, Luiz or the Club, let me know how this works.

NONE of what we do or say on here ( Positive or Negative ), makes any difference to the team, performances, manager, signings or the club, perhaps we should just shut the site down?

Or just shut down the Villa section and change the site to  " Off topic talk "?

I'm not sure what's happening here if i'm honest.

Or perhaps we should change it to  " Only Positive Talk about Aston Villa Talk " ?

Moaning about Boris etc non stop among mates at the bar probably doesn't change UK policy or benefit self esteem, but i'm sure British people still do it?

It seems what you are suggesting, is a cult, with one order.

It's an Independent Fan discussion Forum, not a designated " Safe Space " ffs.

EDIT: I get the sentiment you are putting forward, but I can't agree with what you are suggesting, for Independent fan sites. Everyone should be allowed their opinion, as long as it's not extreme, hateful, or personal etc.

EDIT 2: I don't " abuse players " on here either, I simply make commentary on performances, prospects, etc etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He was good today - look at his work for the build up to Traore's goal. He offers more than enough to be in our team and we've looked a lot better since the others in CM have picked up a bit over the last couple of games.

He's just made an absolutely stupid decision and is now getting hammered as 'not good enough'.

He's fine. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Massive drop in quality from him over the last few months. Not sure what's happened. Very tidy player but so overly prone to making bizarre decisions/fouls to leave us vulnerable. Guaranteed booking every game also.

A lot of those bookings have been extremely harsh.

I agree his form has dropped a bit, but he has still been a decent performer for us, and we look better with him in the side. I think he's just playing a position where you have to make a lot of tricky decisions in every match, and he's still learning how to handle that.

He's not the biggest, so when he tries to be physical, it can look a bit dirty, and I think that's why the refs give the fouls. As he matures he'll learn how to impose himself while keeping the refs onside.

"Chin up Douglas silly mistake it happens but you know that already. Your passing was good today except for the one out wide when we had a counter attack. All the best in the next game."

Vermin. Our fans lack class.

The online abuse is symptomatic of society and culture. Lots that say anything about anyone behind closed doors, wouldn't say it to their face. I was critical of the mistake he made, still at but it stops at that. Critical of him in a purely footballing context. When it goes beyond that, that's the issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

"Chin up Douglas silly mistake it happens but you know that already. Your passing was good today except for the one out wide when we had a counter attack. All the best in the next game."

the worrying thing is, that this individual probably thought he was being supportive and is complaining about those that are giving him abuse

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

the worrying thing is, that this individual probably thought he was being supportive and is complaining about those that are giving him abuse

Forgive my ignorance, but what's horrible about that sentence? 

I wrote him a Birthday Message as well, and said something along the lines of " Unlucky today, but enjoy your birthday and ignore the idiotic trolls. UTV ".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what's horrible about that sentence? 

I wrote him a Birthday Message as well, and said something along the lines of " Unlucky today, but enjoy your birthday and ignore the idiotic trolls. UTV ".

'silly mistake'...'your passing was good today except...'

i'm sure there's been much worse sent to dougie...but how's about we don't send any crap like that to the players? i just don't get why fans feel that they have any right to try and coach the players. how would you feel if someone who knew comparatively nothing about your job came up to you and said 'you made an error there' ?

the place for debate on player performances etc should be on forums/private whatsapp chats etc, not directly sent to players IMO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

'silly mistake'...'your passing was good today except...'

i'm sure there's been much worse sent to dougie...but how's about we don't send any crap like that to the players? i just don't get why fans feel that they have any right to try and coach the players. how would you feel if someone who knew comparatively nothing about your job came up to you and said 'you made an error there' ?

the place for debate on player performances etc should be on forums/private whatsapp chats etc, not directly sent to players IMO

True... guess we all need to be a bit more mindful.

• Like 1

Â