Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Been poor for a good couple of months. Ironically since all the nonsense talk of him going back to city. Needs to knuckle down and switch on more. I really like him but he is steadily reverting to the player pre lockdown and not post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He marks space, its nifty to get close now and again........their second came from a failed duel by him to close down on the edge of the area and the ball was played in for Rodrigo to score from yes " an aerial ball" ....what Man City, Aerial Ball, yep.

We all want all our players, to play well....sometimes we have to say it like it is.

I think Dougie had a poor game, but their second goal was mainly Martinez's fault.

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Genuinely enjoyed that, thanks.

When we concede, do you just go back until you find Luiz near the ball so you can blame him?

Any number of players could have stopped that move. However it wouldn't have ended up in a goal if Emi didn't come out and get nowhere near it. He catches a soft header.

No, but if the "cap fits wear it"........He does it, for me.

It started in the D and Luiz failed to deal with the ball.....it led to the goal.......do you want me to ignore it, to satify your opposing narrative.

To say go back, it was one move, that is a bit desperate, to disagree......you try to make sound like 6/7 moves back.....It was Luiz's Man, he was lightweight in the challenge.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think Dougie had a poor game, but their second goal was mainly Martinez's fault.

ultimately yes.

If you watch any game, the incidents 2 /3 moves prior can easily be cited as the catalyst of the goal......and in many cases they are called out for such criticism.....If you fail to win important duels, you put your pals under pressure, as is, what happened.

Man City are not a good example to highlight our flaws, due to how good they are, it masks over us......The things that made it difficult for ourselves in this game, have been in evidence whilst playing lesser teams.....The opening goal was superb, and we can do that.....its the mundane work in the middle of the park, we struggle with....its the job of containing a team and keeping control, we find, beyond us.

Man City, is just a cop out as were Liverpool, due to their squad strength......We have elements of our game that need seriously addressing.....I hope we can do that in the closed season.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

No, but if the "cap fits wear it"........He does it, for me.

It started in the D and Luiz failed to deal with the ball.....it led to the goal.......do you want me to ignore it, to satify your opposing narrative.

To say go back, it was one move, that is a bit desperate, to disagree......you try to make sound like 6/7 moves back.....It was Luiz's Man, he was lightweight in the challenge.

My immediate reaction was thats all down to Luiz's half hearted challenge. The back four and goalkeeper are under so much pressure because the midfield dont close down and give the ball away needlessly. Its so obvious now.  If we finish the season really badly there has to be questions about whether Smith is the man to take us forward. We made a fantastic start to the season  but its gone pear shape.   Trezeguet was a miss because hes one of few players that shows the requisite desire and effort.  We dont have enough of those players

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He looks to be going through the motions to me. Half hearted tackles, doesn't want to get injured, Misplaced passes. 

I agree with this. Does anybody know how to find the team running stats? It would be interesting to see if the lads were covering more ground pre Covid. Not just Dougie. They all seem to be cruising 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Still so young. Probably 5 or 6 years away from his prime. 

Look how long it took Jack to be consistently excellent.

We'll persevere and then like Veretout and Gana to name a couple, he'll spend his prime elsewhere.

• Sad 1

He’s not been great but I still think he was probably the best of a bad bunch. I bet he actually covered the most ground and I can only remember one misplaced pass (lost count of misplaced passes from other players). I reckon he would look a lot better with better players around him. Hence why he shines for Brazil. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

ultimately yes.

If you watch any game, the incidents 2 /3 moves prior can easily be cited as the catalyst of the goal......and in many cases they are called out for such criticism.....If you fail to win important duels, you put your pals under pressure, as is, what happened.

Man City are not a good example to highlight our flaws, due to how good they are, it masks over us......The things that made it difficult for ourselves in this game, have been in evidence whilst playing lesser teams.....The opening goal was superb, and we can do that.....its the mundane work in the middle of the park, we struggle with....its the job of containing a team and keeping control, we find, beyond us.

Man City, is just a cop out as were Liverpool, due to their squad strength......We have elements of our game that need seriously addressing.....I hope we can do that in the closed season.

It's difficult for dougie though, in my opinion. That situation. 

There was one in the second half where he was more aggressive in almost exactly the same place and won the ball and we had a break on. The ref blew for a foul which it wasn't.

Rodri got there a second before him, any more aggressive and he gives a foul away. Perhaps his positioning was wrong and he should've been closer to rodri ready for that ball on the edge of the box?

It's the nature of the beast in the premier league, any kind of contact and it's a free kick nowadays. To say we need to be more aggressive ALL THE TIME, is naive.

Yes, we do need more aggression. We need more bite, but some occasions we simply cannot be because we will give a foul away in a dangerous place. That was a criticism earlier in the season (Southampton home). More lessons for alot of our inexperienced squad to learn. 

44 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We'll persevere and then like Veretout and Gana to name a couple, he'll spend his prime elsewhere.

Those two players in front of this defence at the age of 27 & 23. Man alive, we'd be in for a shout of Champions League this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's difficult for dougie though, in my opinion. That situation. 

There was one in the second half where he was more aggressive in almost exactly the same place and won the ball and we had a break on. The ref blew for a foul which it wasn't.

Rodri got there a second before him, any more aggressive and he gives a foul away. Perhaps his positioning was wrong and he should've been closer to rodri ready for that ball on the edge of the box?

It's the nature of the beast in the premier league, any kind of contact and it's a free kick nowadays. To say we need to be more aggressive ALL THE TIME, is naive.

Yes, we do need more aggression. We need more bite, but some occasions we simply cannot be because we will give a foul away in a dangerous place. That was a criticism earlier in the season (Southampton home). More lessons for alot of our inexperienced squad to learn. 

That doesn't make sense....firstly you condemn me for saying it......and then you proceed to agree.

what do you mean?

I say it all the time, because we lack it all the time.....fouling is completely different from robust challenging, that's where the skill factor comes in.

4 hours ago, tinker said:

He was lightweight but he's not the only one. Dreadful performance, misplaced passes, not closing down , not finding space the list goes on and on.  

you are right, he is not the only one.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Still so young. Probably 5 or 6 years away from his prime. 

Look how long it took Jack to be consistently excellent.

That'll make him 28?

Personally would have no concerns if Citeh came back and activated his clause in the summer. The only reason they'd feasibly do that (since he's nowhere near good enough for their bench, let alone their 1st XI) is if they want to use him as a makeweight for Jack. 

If they do that, call their bluff and let him go. Worst case scenario we get ~£30m to play with and they don't get Jack.

Â