Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just don't understand what was going through his mind.

He actually does well to use his strength to push Pogba away and get him turned with his back to goal. Why he then decides to attempt to go through Pogba to try to toe the ball is beyond me. All Pogba would've done at that moment is just lay the ball off to someone outside the box.

Even more bizarre given what happened on January 1st between these two.

These naive moments cost us in this fixture time and again I'm afraid.

He was alright first half, but he needs to improve. A lot. I've always been a fan, but it's not good enough.

My main gripe is that he doesn't excel or do anything so well, that I don't think we can easily find a replacement.

Our midfield lacks height, physique and battling ability in general play and on set pieces. For Luiz to hold that shirt he needs to do something incredibly well. I'm not sure he does. The tide has gone away, and both him and SJM have kind of been bathing without clothes.

His development has been a huge disappoinment. Huge.

The reason he keeps giving away stupid fouls and penalties isn't just because he's inexperienced. He's just lacking other key attributes.

His age is a plus though. Hopefully he learns and improves.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

He's just trying to one-up Pogba imo. Show that he isn't in awe of him and will stop him playing. 

Unfortunately for Dougie, Pogba knows that. So knows if he gets one-on-one in the box, Luis will get to tight and nibble at the ball...all he has to do is ensure contact.

Its a silly tackle to try and make, especially when you know Pogba will always make sure it ends in a pen the way Jack always makes sure he gets a free kick. 

Glad to see others are starting to see that he really isn't very good too. Because its just that, he isn't very good.

If we sign a DM this summer, which we should, expect to see him dropped from the starting 11. He's not one of Smith's undroppables.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

He was by far our most over rated player last season pre covid. He was shocking in the majority of his games. Came back after covid and to me seemed pretty much our best player.

He has been regressing after 2nd lockdown but today I though he was decent. Then it happened. Its known as a Douglas or a mings, does something totally unnecessary which directly results in a goal against us.

And that ended our resistance.

It clearly effected him and he retreated back into his shell until taken off.

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Makes too many rash tackles in dangerous areas and it's cost us on many occasions this season. 

I like other aspects of his game but defensively he's a liability.

spot on....and it wasn't just the penalty for me, he just shadows everyone,....until he does that.( The Penalty)

He has conceded a fair amount of Penalties for us, where I feel for the fella, he is not a CDM....He is just deployed there.

I watch him just standing off and backing off, in midfield, probably the safest bet, judging by today......He wants to be ON the ball, thats his most natural place....OFF the ball meh.

He hasn't got the muscle, to be a nuisance and not get caught, he throws himself in to compensate and thats what happens.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It was a bad mistake, that has happened in much the same way before....its always coming for me, much like Mings's offerings.

He is 22 and has time to develop, so I will shelve my thoughts, until I have something positive to say.

Â