Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its safe to say city wont be exercising their buy back clause 

He wouldnt get anywhere near citys 1st team 

Not a barge pole, close.

• Like 1

There is still a player in there but I don't think he has as high a ceiling as I first thought. He has been extremely average in many games.

Edited by Tom13

Luiz is a quality. Rash decision cost is today. Major brain fade being too eager but other than that he continues to impress me and think we are lucky to have him. 

I just don't understand how players can't be fully alert to not giving away stupid penalties. Infuriating lack of awareness or composure. The fact Pogbas back was toward goal makes it even worse. We have a horrible habit of shooting ourselves in the foot when all was going well. Doug's a very good player for us generally so we'll just have to suck it up and hope that is the final lesson to be learnt! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

He's good going forward, really poor defensively. There's been numerous times this season where he has had to pull back players because he's out of position  

But he is being played at CDM.

Now that poses a real question?

I think, there lies an epitome of our overall team thinking....Watch us with the ball v without the ball and you will see my reasoning.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

An awful decision today but no worse than what Cash did a couple of weeks ago. 

He's just turned 23. I want him in this squad long term. 

as what?...you seem quite emphatic, just curious as to how you see him feature.

what Cash did, doesn't make Luiz's aberration any better....and Luiz has done this a few times before..particularly with the same player Pogba....not very bright, is it?

They are both poor and so was Mings's offering.

Cavani's goal was sheer class, no complaints from me.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

But he is being played at CDM.

Now that poses a real question?

I think, there lies an epitome of our overall team thinking....Watch us with the ball v without the ball and you will see my reasoning.

" Get with the times, it's not essential for a modern CDM to be good at defending " is what they'll be telling you next TRO. lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Get with the times, it's not essential for a modern CDM to be good at defending " is what they'll be telling you next TRO. lol

Nothing would surprise me on that....I'm a dinosaur anyway.

its already happened with the full backs, our best creators.....so in effect we have 2 dedicated defenders the 2 centre backs.

Holy smoke, fetch the brandy.....I don't really know how we do as well as we do.

draw one, win one, lose one....thats us.

I am getting closer to my pre season prediction 12th.

Edited by TRO

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Luiz is a quality. Rash decision cost is today. Major brain fade being too eager but other than that he continues to impress me and think we are lucky to have him. 

Wow...can you elaborate?.....opinions are interesting.

I would say regular decision cost us today....particularly on the same player as a previous game, I would call that dim.

I think he is lucky to have us, FWIW

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wow...can you elaborate?.....opinions are interesting.

I would say regular decision cost us today....particularly on the same player as a previous game, I would call that dim.

I think he is lucky to have us, FWIW

Hmmm... why say stuff like this? Just bleeds arrogance.

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don't agree with any of this. If he was quality he would be showing it on a regular basis. There are numerous examples of him committing unnecessary fouls in dangerous areas.

He is still young and I hope he will improve because I do think he has talent, and I do like him and want him to do well.

As for `we are lucky to have him' - that is just ridiculous.

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

as what?...you seem quite emphatic, just curious as to how you see him feature.

what Cash did, doesn't make Luiz's aberration any better....and Luiz has done this a few times before..particularly with the same player Pogba....not very bright, is it?

They are both poor and so was Mings's offering.

Cavani's goal was sheer class, no complaints from me.

As a player in our squad. 

I'm not saying he should start every single game but I wouldn't give up on him at this point. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MCU said:

Hmmm... why say stuff like this? Just bleeds arrogance.

Might be a change from being pushovers.

just trying to offer an opposing view, if thats ok....He said that "we was lucky to have him", is that not "gas lighting" us?....is that ok is it?

I just happen to think its a bloody priviledge to play for Aston Villa and I can't think of too many players who we would be lucky to have....

We have one of the best in the country/Europe and he might fall in to the category of us being lucky to have him, but he wouldn't agree.

Maybe we was lucky to have Paul McGrath.....that is the company, he needs to get in with, mate.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, MCU said:

Can anyone translate his IG story? All I see if a '**** you' thrown in there... could be nothing.

I'm enjoying my day, let me enjoy it in peace, come and take my peace! I am a passionate player for the club and I never wanted to commit a penalty like this and end up harming the team and the result, now, whoever doesn't understand me, **** you, happy to be 23 years old, with many mistakes and learnings

i didn’t translate the second one but with my limited understanding it basically says thanks for the messages, I can’t respond to you all but I love you all like family.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As a player in our squad. 

I'm not saying he should start every single game but I wouldn't give up on him at this point. 

No Neither me.

I just don't see him in his current role.....but thats just me. I find his defensive work very frustrating at present, but thats just me.....I like his work on the ball, but I want more from that role....his off the ball work and lack of closing down or close contact fills me with melancholy.

I am rather hoping he turns in to a Idrissa Gueye or a Kante....but I guess that is wishful thinking....we will see.

I see him as an 8 as opposed to a 6....but form can change opinions and the back end of last season, I saw a different Douglas Luiz, who was arguably our best player during the run in.

I haven't seen that player this season, sadly.

Â