Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Theres no way in a million years we are getting £20m for Freddie - After 1 season in the premier league in which Freddie himself admitted he wasn't at his best. If he is a good as some think there then would be multiple interested clubs and a bidding war (Highly unlikely IMO) 

Id be pleased with £8m - most likely we will recover what we paid.

According to whoscored he was our 3rd best player last season and the 14th best full back in the prem. Hardly worth only 8 million. He wasn't at his best in some games but he was among our best players for most of the season. He is easily worth 20 million because that is what an above average top league player costs these days and by his own admission he didn't perform to the best of his ability so I could see him reaching maybe 8-10th range and having a rating of about 7 instead of 6.88. Although I hope he becomes pereira has the best rating outside of De bruyne next season. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

According to whoscored he was our 3rd best player last season and the 14th best full back in the prem. Hardly worth only 8 million. He wasn't at his best in some games but he was among our best players for most of the season. He is easily worth 20 million because that is what an above average top league player costs these days and by his own admission he didn't perform to the best of his ability so I could see him reaching maybe 8-10th range and having a rating of about 7 instead of 6.88. Although I hope he becomes pereira has the best rating outside of De bruyne next season. 

If we get £20m for him - I will happily stand corrected. - but I really don't see it. - Id be dead chuffed with half that. Hes got a great engine and a good tackle - but thats not really enough at this level.. Throw all the who scored stats you like at it - we can only sell for what a buyer is prepared to pay.

I don't actually see him leaving yet - He will become a fringe player - if he isn't already.

If he hasn't settled and wants to head back home then, fine, we shouldn't prevent that.

In any other instance, he should be not for sale.  He and Cash provide good competition at RB.  Plus, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of (non-homo), I really like Fred and want him to be a cult hero.

39 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

❤❤❤

Very happy about this.  His attitude is exceptional, and his ability is fine for where we are with room to improve. Given his attitude I expect him to fulfil the potential he's got

• Like 2

Â