Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet the club havent said that 🙄

Turning into a bit of an agenda against Guilbert just like it was Konsa last season 🙄

Depends what you mean by an agenda.

Elmo was getting picked ahead of him last season - our first summer signing was a £16m player in his position - Elmo and Cash got game time in the recent friendly - Freddie didn't. I think theres enough to suspect he will start the season well down the FB pecking order.

Konsa - Ive never said is a bad player. Im just not on board with the future England international - top 4 club hype.  if we get most of the players we are linked with (Martinez, Traore, Rashica )  - I would then say CB is our weakest position.

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Depends what you mean by an agenda.

Elmo was getting picked ahead of him last season - our first summer signing was a £16m player in his position - Elmo and Cash got game time in the recent friendly - Freddie didn't. I think theres enough to suspect he will start the season well down the FB pecking order.

Guilbert started twice as many games as Elmo last season and was injured for the restart 🙄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You said Elmo started ahead of him which he didnt 

I thought post lockdown Freddie got in when Elmo got injured. ???

In any case Freddie has his work cut out for PL game time IMO. 

If he gets past Cash and Elmo and delivers a string of good performance s ....fair play to him...

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It would be nuts to sell him when he did okay in the PL, and the alternative is completely unproven at PL level. 

We have 3 right fullbacks. That is 1 too many.

One of them have to go. That won't and shouldn't be Elmo.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

I thought post lockdown Freddie got in when Elmo got injured. ???

In any case Freddie has his work cut out for PL game time IMO. 

If he gets past Cash and Elmo and delivers a string of good performance s ....fair play to him...

Elmo got in when Hause got injured and Konsa went centre back, then Guilbert returned to the team after recovering from his injury and Elmo went down with an injury and played rest of games

I like him, he has pace, passion and aggression. Would love to keep him and see what we can do with him to develop him

...saying that, he was bought for the Championship, he has had many a stinker this year, we have higher aspirations it seems than I envisioned. If we don't think he is at the level and won't be at the level and we can move him on for what we paid I will trust their judgement. Who is to say next year we don't drop £30m on a top top right back. That seems to be where we are trying to head.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I like him, he has pace, passion and aggression. Would love to keep him and see what we can do with him to develop him

...saying that, he was bought for the Championship, he has had many a stinker this year, we have higher aspirations it seems than I envisioned. If we don't think he is at the level and won't be at the level and we can move him on for what we paid I will trust their judgement. Who is to say next year we don't drop £30m on a top top right back. That seems to be where we are trying to head.

From the little i've seen of Cash. 

Cash is better at attacking and Guilbert is better at defending. The type of coach Smith is he will always prefer the former.

Targett and Cash will make us more exciting going forward, but man.. it could be a frustrating season defensively.

Â