Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You are correct.

I posted the same in the post-match as i noticed it too.

Mcginn jumps for a header with Godfrey who definitely made a movement to elbow him, looked blatant to me. Commentary team stated McGinn has jumped into his elbow. WTF?!

I thought a couple of their players were a bit naughty to be honest: Godfrey, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin.

I thought the same thing. I have no problem with physicality. I prefer it. But they were definitely playing dirty today. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Maybe Konsa should get more of the ball then. Ming's is the weaker of the two imo. 

Last week we got our first based off Ming's dribble forward. This week Ming's delicious long ball forward gave Watkins a chance in the first half.

Tell me the last time a pass from Konsa wasn't to Cash or Mings.

Not sure why that warrants him getting more of the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I don't need to convince anyone , its my opinion and I have convinced myself by watching our games, you should try it before you form yours, but hey ho,  'don't look up' ay .

That your neuronal pathways have settled into you voicing that Mings is not very good (in your opinion as you say) is fairly obvious. As have some others. This post is also in reply to others who have neural pathways set in similar patterns.  Did not get chance to watch the game, today so went to the Grand Old Lady site to get a different perspective. There was a comment there that Mings was not good, (shit), but it was countered that he had the relevant attackers in his pocket.

All footballers make mistakes. It is argued that Mings makes more than his fair share, possibly. Is this balanced by he gets things right more than his fair share.

Here is a fact.

Spoiler

I like the way Mings executes his role.

14 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Did not get chance to watch the game, today so went to the Grand Old Lady site to get a different perspective. There was a comment there that Mings was not good, (shit), but it was countered that he had the relevant attackers in his pocket.

Perhaps the first, and indeed last, time that Everton get mistaken for a giant club in Turin. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Its difficult for him with Konsa next to him who is generally 99% solid , in fact he's one of the best CB  I have seen at Villa. Ming's is a great player ......but he has weaknesses in his game and its frustrating that they appear to be related to lapses in concentration......imho.

As we get better the weaker players in our line up will be 'picked on' and those players will change as we upgrade the weaker players, Target, our players player of the year is an example, Smith is another one. Its brutal. 

Its not personal, some posters want to say it is when they don't agree with other posters criticisms. Lap it up and move on, just hope your right and the critical poster are wrong.

Fwiw, I thought Konsa was poor today. Fat too passive at times. Aside from a few silly mistakes, I thought Mings was quite dominant and showed exactly what is needed in a game like today,.

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Maybe Konsa should get more of the ball then. Ming's is the weaker of the two imo. 

Konsa is literally amongst the weakest centre backs in not only the Premier League but bordering on all of Europe's top leagues for passing the ball anywhere but sideways or backwards. This isn't a dig at him - he's great - but him getting "more of the ball" only means Mings or Martinez getting more of it because looking for one of them tends to be what he does whenever he's in possession. 

• Like 1

Tyrone should get forward more with the ball. Not all the time, but once or twice a game like he has done now a couple times. It unsettles the opposition and creates something unexpected. Something good may come from that.

He just does very strange things sometimes, he’ll make a world class header then when under absolutely no pressure at all he’ll kick the ball out of play 4 yards in front of him. 

He’s definitely a good defender and a great leader, but he just has some very unusual mistakes in him. As others have stated it’s probably a lack of concentration.

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

He just does very strange things sometimes, he’ll make a world class header then when under absolutely no pressure at all he’ll kick the ball out of play 4 yards in front of him. 

He’s definitely a good defender and a great leader, but he just has some very unusual mistakes in him. As others have stated it’s probably a lack of concentration.

This is nothing more than fan talk on a football forum but it sounds a lot like ADHD. People with this "disorder" can perform amazing mental feats under intense pressure but struggle to maintain focus when things slow down. Watching him put out that simple ball out for a corner hit real close to home for me. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

For the tinfoil types that don't think Mings headed it off of the line yesterday

WpaoRHW.png

The other angle definitely made it look like Martinez got his hand to it. And you can't see Martinez's hand in this photo.

21 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’m watching another clip and it looks clearly Mings. MAYBE he heads it through Emi’s hand, but the ball lands about 10 yards out, I don’t think Emi’s slapped it that far.

Regardless, as you say if Emi isn’t there Mings was about to head it clear anyway

Can we all just agree Emingnez cleared it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

The other angle definitely made it look like Martinez got his hand to it. And you can't see Martinez's hand in this photo.

I think martinez did get a hand to it

But I also don't think he has bionic wrists that could result in the ball being pawed away in that fashion

The trajectory of the ball suggests it was mings head that ultimately saved it... Doesn't mean that martinez wouldnt have but that he didn't have to because mings was there 

Its crazy that some have had a hard time accepting it though, almost like they don't want it to be mings 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think martinez did get a hand to it

But I also don't think he has bionic wrists that could result in the ball being pawed away in that fashion

The trajectory of the ball suggests it was mings head that ultimately saved it... Doesn't mean that martinez wouldnt have but that he didn't have to because mings was there 

Its crazy that some have had a hard time accepting it though, almost like they don't want it to be mings 

Dangerous play by Mings, could have broken Emi’s hand and also caused him to spill it when he was clearly going to catch it one handed and release it on the counter to Watkins in one graceful slapping movement. Huge clanger. Multiple a game. Gum. 

Edited by a m ole

Â