Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, It's Your Round said:

It’s amazing how much our fans like to slate our own players. Mings and Watkins both get pelters, it’s like all the good things they do are quickly forgotten because they aren’t 100% all the time. 

Exactly, it’s an obsession that makes no sense.

Why not be positive? Too many miserable gits that are addicted to spreading negativity…

We can’t expect constant perfection and many have a real lack of appreciation.

We’d be lost without Mings and always look way worse without him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two dodgy passes aside (the consequence of one of which was a throw in on the halfway line, so no big deal really) I couldn't really fault him today. Largely played it safe after that with sticking it out of play under pressure but some massive blocks and clearances in there, as well as putting Gray off for the ball that dropped for him on the edge of the box. Double checked with Whoscored and Sofascore as well and he's among the highest rated players today (MOTM in the case of the latter).

Could have had a beautiful assist as well had Watins been able to keep his first touch a little tighter in the first half.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I will just have to agree to disagree with you. He was far from excellent for me, gives away needless fouls, and is just far too casual and slack on the ball for me.

I can assure you that I am not one for getting on the players backs, but we will not improve with him at the back.

The ref had a shocker - Everton players had no interest in competing for the ball.  Mings yellow card was given for him being fouled because the Everton player didn't even make an attempt to jump or challenge for the ball.  I thought he was immense in the second half - apart from his desire to try and hit a 50 yard pass rather than look for the easy ball.  Couple of needless corners conceded but generally he commanded the defence today.

Clean sheet for the defence, including Ming's. I can be critical of him but nothing to complain about today. Noticeable how we didn't piss about with it as much at the back today, instead choosing to clear our lines and reset. Much better against an aggressive team. 

Honestly cannot understand how anyone could criticise the player that put his body on the line more than anyone today, and has consistently done so for the last 3 years.

2 sloppy passes, one for a corner and one for a throw in are a small price to pay, without him we concede today.

Â