Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, stegzy said:

I’ve always thought that we seem lost when he’s not in the team, his leadership is so important. Nice to see the stats to back it up.

Colour me not surprised at all. Such an integral player.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i suppose 1.5 isnt as bad as it looks on face value then.

we do need to improve defensively on the whole tho, for sure.

As said the stats from first season were not pretty but understandable. I think we had easily the worst defence in the league up to lockdown but it was also a completely new defence so were gelling

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What the stats obviously don't tell you is that those 1.5 goals per game are because of his mistakes :trollface:

From chewing gum 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Whatever happens today it's Tyrone's fault, idiot.

Comments like this don’t help, if he makes a mistake, we need to get behind him. For me, he is a great player, the players aren’t superhuman, they will make mistakes 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Comments like this don’t help, if he makes a mistake, we need to get behind him. For me, he is a great player, the players aren’t superhuman, they will make mistakes 

I love him and I was making fun of all those people around the country who jump on him when anything negative happens, he's human, mistakes happen. He makes up for it in many ways.

12 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

The biggest job of the summer will be replacing Mings’ leadership at the back, because he simply has to be moved on.

I’ve been patient with him, but he’s simply not good enough anymore.

Odd post after another clean sheet. Thought he was excellent today. He has his faults, when he have a better player it will be a great sign. I think a better centre half is costing 50m though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Odd post after another clean sheet. Thought he was excellent today. He has his faults, when he have a better player it will be a great sign. I think a better centre half is costing 50m though

Dont check the match thread. If I didn't know the score I would think Everton won 6-0 and Mings just let them walk through 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if he makes a mistake then we need to call him out on it

What we don't need to do is try and blame every goal we concede on him and look what his role was

Or have the hyperbole that he costs us a goal every game with a mistake when he doesn't 

He was solid today, stood up to the aerial bombardment, put up with their tactic of backing in when he was mid air (his yellow card was laughable) but 2nd half in particular he rushed his clearances and booted it away when he could have kept it - but last week he was criticised for holding on to it for too long and being too slow... 

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I will just have to agree to disagree with you. He was far from excellent for me, gives away needless fouls, and is just far too casual and slack on the ball for me.

I can assure you that I am not one for getting on the players backs, but we will not improve with him at the back.

Â