Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

No I'm not....I'm talking about much of the time. He needs several touches when he receives the ball before releasing it. It had nothing to do with the structure yesterday. Digne and Cash were in great positions to receive passes on several occasions and by the time Mings had the ball under control the space had gone. He stretches us through being ponderous at the back. That's just my opinion with what I see.   

I know what you mean, don’t think it’s a lack of control though more seems he trying to find the right option/there are none. Not sure if Konsas much different either.

That first half in particular seemed like we’d decided to be a possession team but no one had any idea what to with it.

I did think Ming’s marauding runs were good though didn’t get enough credit from that game though - thought he played well especially considering Konsa was absent.

Hause/Mings looked a lot better than Hause/Konsa as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pete101 said:

Was times he frustrated the hell out of me yesterday, 

We were turning screw on United , moving the ball fast and had them in all sorts of trouble and then the ball would come back to Ty, it was like he was sucking the life out of attacks, would take his time on the ball before moving it and in result we were starting over.

Now saying that, his burst forward for the goal was brilliant

Watching the full game on sky sports now and this couldn’t be more wrong 😂😂

Agenda alert. 

Haha. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Great piece in the Athletic about his bursting run which created a goal against United

The joy of seeing Ward, Williams, Mings and Femenia channel their inner Cancelo – The Athletic

He doesn’t get enough credit at times. Should try and get forward more.  Did it against Fulham and made a goal last season.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2022 at 12:25, CVByrne said:

Great piece in the Athletic about his bursting run which created a goal against United

The joy of seeing Ward, Williams, Mings and Femenia channel their inner Cancelo – The Athletic

Another some may have forgotten.

Don't remember which game it was.

But he made a bad mistake which coatt us a goal, but then went Gung ho to make up for it.

Drove forward with real purpose a few times and created us a goal.

I think we went on to win that game, after going behind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

well.

2 without....1.5 with....PER GAME?

both stats are total s***e tbh, if anything all that stat tells us, is our defence/defensive play is freakin poor on the whole.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another some may have forgotten.

Don't remember which game it was.

But he made a bad mistake which coatt us a goal, but then went Gung ho to make up for it.

Drove forward with real purpose a few times and created us a goal.

I think we went on to win that game, after going behind.

Fulham at home. Gave it to Mitrovic. 

Then became prime roberto Carlos 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well.

2 without....1.5 with....PER GAME?

both stats are total s***e tbh, if anything all that stat tells us, is our defence/defensive play is freakin poor on the whole.

It’s not quite detailed.

I just had a quick look. Assuming it only concerns the league matches -

Villa have played 96 league games since promotion. Conceding 146 goals. That’s 1.52 goals conceded per game.

The 9 games Mings has missed, Villa conceded 21 goals. However, it appears that he went off injured in matches against Leicester in 19/20 and West Ham this season. While he was off the pitch in those games, Villa conceded a further 5 goals. 

So it’s 26 goals conceded in (roughly) 10 games. About 2.6 ppg, give or take.

Taking those 26 goals off the total along with those 10 (approximate) games, that’s 120 goals conceded in 86, or about 1.4 ppg.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s not quite detailed.

I just had a quick look. Assuming it only concerns the league matches -

Villa have played 96 league games since promotion. Conceding 146 goals. That’s 1.52 goals conceded per game.

The 9 games Mings has missed, Villa conceded 21 goals. However, it appears that he went off injured in matches against Leicester in 19/20 and West Ham this season. While he was off the pitch in those games, Villa conceded a further 5 goals. 

So it’s 26 goals conceded in (roughly) 10 games. About 2.6 ppg, give or take.

Taking those 26 goals off the total along with those 10 (approximate) games, that’s 120 goals conceded in 86, or about 1.4 ppg.

thanks, interesting stuff.

Still crappy defensive stats from all angles tho ;)

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thanks, interesting stuff.

Still crappy defensive stats from all angles tho ;)

It’s not great. The season with the relegation battle obviously skews things a fair bit.

Since our return, Spurs have averaged 1.2 goals conceded per game. Chelsea is 1.1. They’re teams we’re still trying to catch. From a purely statistic point of view, we’re not that far off them in that regard with Mings in the side.

Whether he can be in the side that ultimately catches the likes of Chelsea and Spurs in the top six is of course another question. I think that topic has certainly been debated in here. At the very least I think everyone can agree that a third quality defender to genuinely challenge Mings and Konsa would be required to do that.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s not great. The season with the relegation battle obviously skews things a fair bit.

Since our return, Spurs have averaged 1.2 goals conceded per game. Chelsea is 1.1. They’re teams we’re still trying to catch. From a purely statistic point of view, we’re not that far off them in that regard with Mings in the side.

Whether he can be in the side that ultimately catches the likes of Chelsea and Spurs in the top six is of course another question. I think that topic has certainly been debated in here. At the very least I think everyone can agree that a third quality defender to genuinely challenge Mings and Konsa would be required to do that.

i suppose 1.5 isnt as bad as it looks on face value then.

we do need to improve defensively on the whole tho, for sure.

Â