Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unpopular opinion. But, if we sign a top class centre half, it's Konsa he replaces. 

You may be on to something there.

A cb who could bring the ball/play the ball out of defence leaving Mings to concentrate on playing to his strengths may be the route that gets taken.

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That Man City goal proved the agendas against Mings. It was laughable. 

FFS there ain't no agenda from 99% of the posters I have read, it's just opinions on a players strengths and weaknesses. Some of us see the same things while others don't, its what Villatalk is for, discussion. 

Ming's appears to be a great bloke and he's one of the best CB I have seen at villa (top 10) but he has weaknesses imo and they appear to be concentration based.

Its maybe he's dehydrated or something like that that brings on these moments. If you don't see them then fair enough.

I see his strengths and maybe these are the things posters who don't want to talk about his weaknesses should concentrate on, rather than claiming posters have agendas and trying to stem the discussion,  its pathetic. 

• Like 1

Improving on Mings would be an incredibly difficult thing to do for numerous reasons mentioned many, many times on here that are largely ignored, for some bizarre reason. 

What's more, we really don't need to replace him. It's not a priority whatsoever and thankfully the people in charge have enough sense to share that view. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

FFS there ain't no agenda from 99% of the posters I have read, it's just opinions on a players strengths and weaknesses. Some of us see the same things while others don't, its what Villatalk is for, discussion. 

Ming's appears to be a great bloke and he's one of the best CB I have seen at villa (top 10) but he has weaknesses imo and they appear to be concentration based.

Its maybe he's dehydrated or something like that that brings on these moments. If you don't see them then fair enough.

I see his strengths and maybe these are the things posters who don't want to talk about his weaknesses should concentrate on, rather than claiming posters have agendas and trying to stem the discussion,  its pathetic. 

This is exactly where I’m at. 

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Improving on Mings would be an incredibly difficult thing to do for numerous reasons mentioned many, many times on here that are largely ignored, for some bizarre reason. 

What's more, we really don't need to replace him. It's not a priority whatsoever and thankfully the people in charge have enough sense to share that view. 

I didn’t think it would be easy, and as I’ve mentioned in reply to another post perhaps it’s Konsa that needs improving on so Mings can concentrate on playing to his strengths.

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I didn’t think it would be easy, and as I’ve mentioned in reply to another post perhaps it’s Konsa that needs improving on so Mings can concentrate on playing to his strengths.

Mings, Konsa and Martinez were the core three responsible for a record equalling number of clean sheets last season - why aren't they good enough? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unpopular opinion. But, if we sign a top class centre half, it's Konsa he replaces. 

It’s a tricky one. Konsa is a very good defender when playing alongside Mings. So if a player better than Mings was playing alongside him would it make him even better ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Mings, Konsa and Martinez were the core three responsible for a record equalling number of clean sheets last season - why aren't they good enough? 

I’m not even saying anything about Martinez.

I’ll leave it here, this forum stuff just isn’t for me anymore as I just don’t want the confrontation and I feel like I just end up having words put in my mouth.

This has all stemmed from me stating on Saturday that I think Mings needs moving on in the summer, not a ‘get out of my club’ like a lot of fans these days, a thank you for your tremendous service to our club. I think Tyrone is an outstanding person, but he’s just not a good enough player on the ball for what I would like - but that is what it is when it all comes down to it, it’s just my opinion, it’s not Steven Gerrard’s opinion.

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m not even saying anything about Martinez.

I’ll leave it here, this forum stuff just isn’t for me anymore as I just don’t want the confrontation and I feel like I just end up having words put in my mouth.

This has all stemmed from me stating on Saturday that I think Mings needs moving on in the summer, not a ‘get out of my club’ like a lot of fans these days, a thank you for your tremendous service to our club. I think Tyrone is an outstanding person, but he’s just not a good enough player on the ball for what I would like - but that is what it is when it all comes down to it, it’s just my opinion, it’s not Steven Gerrard’s opinion.

it's you and a small number of others that say this but do not seem to have a response when challenged as to who we could realistically attract that is an upgrade. CB is, in the opinion of a very large % of the fanbase, the last outfield position on which we need to upgrade but probably the one that sees the most chat about upgrading.

so yes, when people say things like 'mings needs moving on in the summer', it prompts a reaction

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a tricky one. Konsa is a very good defender when playing alongside Mings. So if a player better than Mings was playing alongside him would it make him even better ? 

Isnt the issue then why is he better with Mings and not with Axel or Hause. He is not a kid anymore so he has to take responsibility himself

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt the issue then why is he better with Mings and not with Axel or Hause. He is not a kid anymore so he has to take responsibility himself

Yeh my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I don’t think we need to improve on either of them at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

That would be a very silly thing for us to do.

Possibly, and I rate Konsa, I just think that Mings brings a lot to the side that possibly goes a little unnoticed. 

The CB topic is an interesting one. Personally, I quite like the partnership we have and it will look even stronger with a proper defensive midfielder sitting in front of them. I'm not sure it's high up on our priority list at the moment anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Possibly, and I rate Konsa, I just think that Mings brings a lot to the side that possibly goes a little unnoticed. 

The CB topic is an interesting one. Personally, I quite like the partnership we have and it will look even stronger with a proper defensive midfielder sitting in front of them. I'm not sure it's high up on our priority list at the moment anyway. 

I believe Mings is our most important player, not best, but most important. We can all see Cash, Konsa and Targett drop their levels without him, could say Martinez does it as well tbh...

FWIW I think both konsa and Mings represent very very good management from villa, both in terms of how we scouted them got them gave them a chance developed them gave them incremental new contracts at the right time etc could say we're doing similar with Hause, we just need another one 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The criticism after that man city goal was 100% agenda driven. That's what I said. Not that everyone who dislikes him has an agenda. So I didn't try to stem anything.

But it's quite clear, that Mings, unlike most others, seems to be critiqued way over the top at times. 

I don't  dislike him , I see certain things in his game that I question, most parts of his game are excellent. The city goal wasn't his fault, imo. 

Â