Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love Mings and have no interest in replacing but I can also appreciate that while he’s brilliant he does have a greater than normal error rate but that doesn’t change my mind about him.

My feelings about it as well. That's what will always separate him from being a truly great CB.

• Like 2

Its difficult for him with Konsa next to him who is generally 99% solid , in fact he's one of the best CB  I have seen at Villa. Ming's is a great player ......but he has weaknesses in his game and its frustrating that they appear to be related to lapses in concentration......imho.

As we get better the weaker players in our line up will be 'picked on' and those players will change as we upgrade the weaker players, Target, our players player of the year is an example, Smith is another one. Its brutal. 

Its not personal, some posters want to say it is when they don't agree with other posters criticisms. Lap it up and move on, just hope your right and the critical poster are wrong.

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Its difficult for him with Konsa next to him who is generally 99% solid , in fact he's one of the best CB  I have seen at Villa. Ming's is a great player ......but he has weaknesses in his game and its frustrating that they appear to be related to lapses in concentration......imho.

As we get better the weaker players in our line up will be 'picked on' and those players will change as we upgrade the weaker players, Target, our players player of the year is an example, Smith is another one. Its brutal. 

Its not personal, some posters want to say it is when they don't agree with other posters criticisms. Lap it up and move on, just hope your right and the critical poster are wrong.

7-dribbble.gif

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Konsa has the advantage of not being the guy the play runs through. There’s a reason he attempted half the amount of passes as Tyrone today, it’s Tyrone’s responsibility. Konsa can focus on being just the defender. No one brought up Ezri completely missing the ball with a swipe as it came down out the air earlier, a big mistake. I love Konsa by the way, he’s a fantastic defender.

But he doesn’t have the responsibility Mings does, nowhere near. If Konsa was the one who had to take the ball from the keeper and make the decision on when to play it short, or when to go long, you might think again. A large proportion of Konsa’s successful passes are simply giving it to Mings or Luiz to do something with.

Maybe Konsa should get more of the ball then. Ming's is the weaker of the two imo. 

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Ok, well tell that to ALL the coaches who they’ve both played under.

I don't need to convince anyone , its my opinion and I have convinced myself by watching our games, you should try it before you form yours, but hey ho,  'don't look up' ay .

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe Konsa should get more of the ball then. Ming's is the weaker of the two imo. 

why doesnt he then? Konsa offers very little in his actual passing. If it was the other way around we would be demanding Konsa gets replaced

• Like 1

I like him, said it a year ago when he was getting criticism.

Mings is a leader on and off the pitch, no player is perfect. Look at Laporte tonight, seemed to wobble a bit.

He had a good game against Everton and the referee didn't help him at all. Calvert-Lewin is well rusty and as a result was mistiming most of his leaps which meant Mings was in a difficult situation, a few times the referee blew for a foul when it was not his fault.

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like him, said it a year ago when he was getting criticism.

Mings is a leader on and off the pitch, no player is perfect. Look at Laporte tonight, seemed to wobble a bit.

He had a good game against Everton and the referee didn't help him at all. Calvert-Lewin is well rusty and as a result was mistiming most of his leaps which meant Mings was in a difficult situation, a few times the referee blew for a foul when it was not his fault.

Ref was a knobhead today. Can't remember who it was but one of the Villa players ran into an Everton guy leaping for a header. Clearly not looking for the ball. Probably McGinn. Worth a whistle. But Richarlson, doesn't look for the ball and throws his ass into Mings who is going up for the ball. Exact same situation yet gets booked for it. 

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Ref was a knobhead today. Can't remember who it was but one of the Villa players ran into an Everton guy leaping for a header. Clearly not looking for the ball. Probably McGinn. Worth a whistle. But Richarlson, doesn't look for the ball and throws his ass into Mings who is going up for the ball. Exact same situation yet gets booked for it. 

You are correct.

I posted the same in the post-match as i noticed it too.

Mcginn jumps for a header with Godfrey who definitely made a movement to elbow him, looked blatant to me. Commentary team stated McGinn has jumped into his elbow. WTF?!

I thought a couple of their players were a bit naughty to be honest: Godfrey, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin.

58 minutes ago, tinker said:

We all watched the game with Konsa and Hause. The distribution from the back was terrible. 

53 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't need to convince anyone , its my opinion and I have convinced myself by watching our games, you should try it before you form yours, but hey ho,  'don't look up' ay .

Lol K. I obviously do watch every single game we play. You think there’s some other reason we play through Mings than Konsa other than he’s better at it? Tell me.

If you’d ‘look up’ you’d see that.

Edited by a m ole

Â