Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't  dislike him , I see certain things in his game that I question, most parts of his game are excellent. The city goal wasn't his fault, imo. 

Where is the criticism of konsa for falling over like 5 times and requiring a last ditch stop from mings then? 

Mings' mistakes are more obvious only because he doesn't have Tyrone Mings cleaning up after him. Everyone else in our team. Would look far worse without his leadership and last ditch defending. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I meant Konsa as some wanting an upgrade means he will leave

Sorry, didn't see that part. Konsa's not going to want to be backup, though. 

I mean the whole discussion about replacing either or both of the CB pairing is frankly ridiculous IMO. 

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I mean the whole discussion about replacing either or both of the CB pairing is frankly ridiculous IMO. 

Yeah its a stupid argument always about Mings too. If we can get an upgrade then brilliant but its not easy 

My favourite part is people saying its easy to upgrade yet when asked a suggestion they respond with the classic Its not my job 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m not even saying anything about Martinez.

I’ll leave it here, this forum stuff just isn’t for me anymore as I just don’t want the confrontation and I feel like I just end up having words put in my mouth.

This has all stemmed from me stating on Saturday that I think Mings needs moving on in the summer, not a ‘get out of my club’ like a lot of fans these days, a thank you for your tremendous service to our club. I think Tyrone is an outstanding person, but he’s just not a good enough player on the ball for what I would like - but that is what it is when it all comes down to it, it’s just my opinion, it’s not Steven Gerrard’s opinion.

I agree with you Woody. The irony is that the people accusing others of having an agenda can't see clearly enough to realise that Mings makes too many errors to be the right CB to take us into the top 4. The bias in favour of Mings is unbelievable

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Exactly. I mean it makes sense to try to find better players than both of them, settle them in, but that’s not the narrative. It’s always “FFS get rid”. Never “Hey that CB looks a quality player and might have a higher ceiling”. Looking at the Premier League, seriously who is attainable that is demonstrably better than Mings? The names are never given. It will be “WHAT DO WE HAVE A SCOUTING TEAM FOR”.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah its a stupid argument always about Mings too. If we can get an upgrade then brilliant but its not easy 

My favourite part is people saying its easy to upgrade yet when asked a suggestion they respond with the classic Its not my job 

If it was so easy to find the right players why do clubs spend so much money on a scouting network? Are you suggesting that VT would have better insights to Lange et al?

Our CB pairing is really f***ing excellent. Athletic, quick, intelligent, brave, composed, good on the ball. Both of them. 

Sure, Mings could do away with his brainfarts and Konsa could be better in the air. And if they did, they’d probably be playing for Man City. Both of them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If it was so easy to find the right players why do clubs spend so much money on a scouting network? Are you suggesting that VT would have better insights to Lange et al?

Some seem to think that they have better insights than Gerrard et al, tbf.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Ever occurred to you that this mythical player just doesn’t exist?

I’ve actually recently suggested Salisu from Southampton as a deputy to take over. It’s not hard to come up with a name, harder to find one that won’t get you laughed at

Edited by a m ole

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Ever occurred to you that this mythical player just doesn’t exist?

I’ve actually recently suggested Salisu from Southampton as a deputy to take over. It’s not hard to come up with a name, harder to find one that won’t get you laughed at

Are u saying that VT would have better insights? It doesn't appear clear

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u saying that VT would have better insights? It doesn't appear clear

If it were a realistic situation, people would be able to suggest some names at least. They don't know better per se but they'd surely be able to come up with something. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

there are plenty that indicate that upgrading mings would be a very straightforward ask. if it was as simple as they say, i'd expect them to have a name or 2 in mind

its the off the cuff comments of "move mings on and get an upgrade in the summer" that get reactions and rightly so IMO

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Lol

No, I’m saying that there isn’t a player that exists that is simultaneously demonstrably better than Mings, would settle into the Premier League with ease AND is attainable for the club.

That is why neither VT nor our scouts can find someone to buy to replace him.

There might be others, that could have potential like Salisu that I reccomended. Yet the people who want to get rid of Mings can’t even come up with a name like that as a suggestion, they use the cop out of saying the club should find someone.

And fill the leadership void on the pitch too. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Lol

No, I’m saying that there isn’t a player that exists that is simultaneously demonstrably better than Mings, would settle into the Premier League with ease AND is attainable for the club.

That is why neither VT nor our scouts can find someone to buy to replace him.

There might be others, that could have potential like Salisu that I reccomended. Yet the people who want to get rid of Mings can’t even come up with a name like that as a suggestion, they use the cop out of saying the club should find someone.

That sounds like u believe u are an expert in this field. I certainly am not, I am a football fan that spends too much time reading about it. I was shocked we signed Coutinho, I would not have thought that possible which shows the gap in knowledge between me and Lange et al. Before it became a reality did u fully expect us to have the ability to sign Coutinho?

Â