Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Imagine posting this after a performance where we didn't let them get a good shot on target. 

Your bias is beyond redemption and it's frankly ridiculous.

Fair enough. I’m not trying to bait people, I’m grateful for his service so far but I feel we need a better footballer in his position.

My bias is beyond redemption? What on earth  are you on about?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a mixture of things, he's got a mistake in him and he can get involved in silly battles, but he's strong, quick, positive, he can defend and he's a tremendous leader and character. For me, the good far outweighs the bad, and for as long as that's true I'm very happy to have him as my Captain.

That’s a fair assessment OBE, apart from not being so sure that the good outweighs the bad.

We are reliant on his leadership imo, almost overly so as shown in games he misses through injuries/suspension. We would need to replace him with a natural leader (if we did indeed replace him).

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

That’s a fair assessment OBE, apart from not being so sure that the good outweighs the bad.

We are reliant on his leadership imo, almost overly so as shown in games he misses through injuries/suspension. We would need to replace him with a natural leader (if we did indeed replace him).

What?

Anyone notice how Everton were almost solely putting long balls down the right side of our defense.  They knew Konsa could be got it through this tactic. Mings was having to cover pretty much the entire width of the pitch until Hause came on. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

There you go. 6 minutes in. Emi slaps it away in front of Mings.

Y

What does it matter. Its a team sport and Mings was exactly where he was supposed to be backing up his teammates. The goal line clearance happened because Aston Villa as a 11 players on the pitch were where they needed to be. Why the desperate need to assign individual credit. This isn't chess or golf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's not perfect but it would cost a fortune to find a guaranteed upgrade. If he fixes his short comings he"ll do for me.

Yep - if we've reached the level where Tyrone Ming's isn't good enough for us - we really have arrived.!

Think plenty of other prem  clubs would welcome him with open arms.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

What does it matter. Its a team sport and Mings was exactly where he was supposed to be backing up his teammates. The goal line clearance happened because Aston Villa as a 11 players on the pitch were where they needed to be. Why the desperate need to assign individual credit. This isn't chess or golf. 

I’m watching another clip and it looks clearly Mings. MAYBE he heads it through Emi’s hand, but the ball lands about 10 yards out, I don’t think Emi’s slapped it that far.

Regardless, as you say if Emi isn’t there Mings was about to head it clear anyway

• Like 2

Â