Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Sometimes you have to look to the future and Ramsey is our future.

The game against the Dogheads will give him some valued experience and hopefully he can use that to improve his game.

Ramsey showed some neat touches, likes to get stuck in and was there for the ball; sometimes this is the criticism we give Hourihane.

Personally I'd like to see more of Ramsey in our team than Hourihane this season and again the management will feel the same way if we are looking safe in midtable then that is precisely the time we blood players like Ramsey.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not against that but at this moment of time i don't see much of a difference between Conor and Ramsey.

Conor would edge it for me for his set piece delivery.

We bemoaned Conor's lack of creativity and bravery on the ball when we were in the championship. He was a main stay because we had so few options and not much quality in midfield. The situation he finds himself in now is what happens when players of a certain level, play against players that are just better than them. Smith would of had a look at Conor last season too. Just not good enough as premier league player. You then have to be ruthless enough to make these decisions of dropping players who have served you well, albeit at a lower level. It's top level sport. You can't do sentiment if you want to move forward.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's 19 years old and made his first Premier League start against a decent top 10 team and he didn't once look out of place. I really like this kid.

He certainly didn’t look like a kid wasn’t spectacular buy didn’t put a foot wrong  very mature performance 

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not against that but at this moment of time i don't see much of a difference between Conor and Ramsey.

If there's so little between them then we should absolutely be starting Ramsey ahead of Hourihane. We will benefit massively in the long run by giving Ramsay regular PL football.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whilst that’s true, Ramsey is just starting His career and Conor is nearing the end of it with us. 

Ramsey should start against Burnely no question, moreso if Barkley is back. Tell Ramsey to sit back and let Barkley and McGinn push forward.

allows a more composed and reduced workload on him providing Burnley don’t pull off a performance of the season against us 

Was amazed he started but he was solid enough. Did a job for team etc.

Didn't Gary Gardner make his full debut for us in that Robbie Keane game v Wolves so that's probably a good guide not to get too carried away yet but he's our best youth product since Jack imo from what I've seen.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Really impressed with Ramsey today; for his first start he looked calm and composed, full of confidence to carry the ball forward which is an area we have been lacking with Barkley missing.

At 19 years old he's only going to get better with games.

It's like having a new signing and gives us another option in the midfield.

Very exciting, and I look forward to seeing more of him over the rest of the season.

• Like 1

For a kid he did well, being new to this league he did well but for a rating of an onfield player for the game is was just ok....that unfortunately is level we are playing at that we cant carry players (not saying we were with him) but unfortunately in this day and age kids dont get much time to adapt and step up.  He started well and today was a good day for him to play and get some experience, he looks to have something in his locker and I hope that develops.  This is a good start.....I wasnt as impressed as some others were saying but I have no issue either and it's great to have another option in midfield.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

He's 19 years old and made his first Premier League start against a decent top 10 team and he didn't once look out of place. I really like this kid.

Great debut, most important thing for me was how brave he was in showing for the ball and in his passing. He found space as well. Gets to the play the next game as well which should give him chance to build on this performance.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought the game largely passed him by but you can still tell he has ability and getting a win on debut must be a great feeling for him.

The amount of times I've said that about Hourihane. Much rather Ramsey played

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Â