Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

If he's going to go out on loan it has to happen before 5pm tomorrow afternoon.

Surprised a few more of the youngsters in the eighteen to twenty plus age range haven't been loaned out.

I think a loan for Ramsey that will give him regular games and more minutes on the pitch will do him good, but can also see the sense in keeping him around until January.

• 5 weeks later...

Tomorrow England U20s are playing Aston Villa, and Aston Villa U23s are playing in the EFL Trophy, so three sides that he could technically play for  all playing on the same day. Although if fit I imagine he'll play for England given he's training with them, but would be strange to play against your club side for the national team, I'm guessing it probably hasn't happened too many times before.

With U23s playing later not sure what kind of side we will put out, will either have to be the fringe players or an U18 team.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Tomorrow England U20s are playing Aston Villa, and Aston Villa U23s are playing in the EFL Trophy, so three sides that he could technically play for  all playing on the same day. Although if fit I imagine he'll play for England given he's training with them, but would be strange to play against your club side for the national team, I'm guessing it probably hasn't happened too many times before.

With U23s playing later not sure what kind of side we will put out, will either have to be the fringe players or an U18 team.

Interesting didn’t know this. 
Has he played for u23s at all this season? I know he’s not been on first team squad recently 

Yeah I was saying keep him and give him PL minutes but at the moment even the likes of Hourihane aren’t getting 5 mins at the end of games so a loan until Jan might have been good. That said I will trust Smith and the coaches to know what’s best for him. 

He's played in the EFL Trophy for the U23s, but not in the actual U23 league as far as I can recall.

He may have been injured, think the last time he was involved in a game was the last time England U20s played, if he'd have been fit I think he would have either been in the first team squad or involved with the U23s.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2020 at 23:34, gwi1890 said:

Looks like he is staying hope he makes the bench every now and again and gets a few minutes.

If Barkley, McGinn or Grealish get injured then he's definitely in the manager's thoughts. That must be the thinking behind him still being here.

On 16/11/2020 at 11:39, useless said:

Do you know the England Villa score? 

Can't find anything, thought it might have been called off, but found a tweet from Josh Griffiths' dad saying his son made his debut for England U20s today so they definitely played, but whether it was against us as scheduled I'm not sure. Only way we'll find out probably is if one of the players puts it on their instagram.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

No word on the score or the Villa side, but this was apparently how England lined up... At least we know that Ramsey isn't injured.

Edit: Seems like it might have been a strong Villa side as Watkins played, according to Dean Gordon on instagram.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Take it away, Jacob. 

Nah not for me.

Only proven himself in the Cup really against subpar teams.

Give him 10 mins here and 15 mins there to start with. See how he do.

Conor still ahead in the pecking order to me.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

From what I have seen he starts in front of Conor for me.  As much as I respect Hourihane for what he has done for us, I just don't think he brings enough energy and dynamism to start games in the Premier League.  He did okay against a 10 man Sheff U and a weak Fulham where we were always going to be bossing possession and he is a useful bench player when you are chasing a game - as he can be a goal threat - but we need someone who can get up and down and, against Wet Spam, can sit on Rice and neutralise him. 

I do think we are too hesitant to give our best youth a chance compared to say Everton or Leeds (with Shackleton against us).  If he has stayed at VP and they think he is any good he needs to come in now Ross is out for a few games. 

Why can't he make an impact? He has the energy and the desire to get around the park and prove himself. Conor's set pieces aside, he offers absolutely nothing. He's invisible in games.

If we're going to keep Grealish on the left, chuck Ramsey in there, see how he does. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why can't he make an impact? He has the energy and the desire to get around the park and prove himself. Conor's set pieces aside, he offers absolutely nothing. He's invisible in games.

If we're going to keep Grealish on the left, chuck Ramsey in there, see how he does. 

Ramsey still looks a bit weak. And i mean physically weak.

We need stronger players in midfield. This has been a problem for years and we are yet to identify a player like that in the marked. Barkley was a great addition i thought. He is a big and powerful lad who can dominate his opponent at times.

Premier League requires big physical demands and i don't think Ramsey is quite ready yet. It's a shame he didn't get sent out on another valuable loan.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ramsey still looks a bit weak. And i mean physically weak.

Premier League requires big physical demands and i don't think Ramsey is quite ready yet. It's a shame he didn't get sent out on another valuable loan.

Looked far from weak from what I saw, protected the ball well, in fact one of his strengths seemed to be receiving the ball with his back to goal from the back four, holding his man off and turning him to get an attack going. Looks quite the athlete to me.

We kept him here for a reason. I'm sorry, but if he's not going to play in front of Nakamba and Hourihane when someone in the position he plays gets injured then there is no point in keeping him here. He should have gone out on loan.
This is the perfect opportunity to play Ramsey. He plays without fear and he has lots of energy. He offers so much more than Hourihane and now is the perfect time to bring him in if you don't want to tweak the formation and bring a like for like replacement in for Barkley.

It's just poor management from AVFC if he isnt given a chance because this should be the season he's out on loan learning his trade in the championship. 

Throw him in. We need another youngster breaking through. 

Â