Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 13/12/2020 at 16:31, Sulberto21 said:

Because? I'm not talking about the next season or two I'm talking about when he is 22+...

Because after one PL start, you have stated that he will be our most important player. 

Can we not give him 10 games before we start putting enormous pressure on his shoulders. Let him develop

16 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Completely different beast to Wolves, they will try and kick lumps out of him will be an interesting test for him if he plays.

Burnley don’t really utilise the middle of the football pitch, they’re more likely to fly over it. Their back four are filthy beasts, as are their front 2. I’m not too concerned about JJ coming up against the likes of Westwood 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Because after one PL start, you have stated that he will be our most important player. 

Can we not give him 10 games before we start putting enormous pressure on his shoulders. Let him develop

I hardly think that based on my comments on a football forum he's going to feel the pressure of my observations based on seeing him play in our cup games and The few premier League appearances he's made.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hardly think that based on my comments on a football forum he's going to feel the pressure of my observations based on seeing him play in our cup games and The few premier League appearances he's made.

One PL start..."he will be our most important player". Would hate to see your reaction if he has a bad game.

20 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Just get him on the books of whoever it is that Jack uses for his personal training. Physicality is such a crucial part of the game nowadays as you can see with Conor who is technically excellent but struggles so much physically in the prem. Jack has transformed his physique over the past few years and really is a perfect athlete for his position. 

It was Ollie Stevenson who worked with Jack during his rehabilitation.

He was the dedicated trainer in Jacks Strength building programme......not sure if he is still at the club though.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I have a really good feeling about this kid, similar to how I felt when I first saw Gareth Barry.

He's not afraid of the ball. Lot of kids that break into the first team are hesitant on the ball and are more worried about messing up than wanting the ball. Even on Sunday and im not gonna keep harping back to Conor but would he have attempted to stroll past Moutinho with the ball want to attack the space. Drew a foul and Moutinho gets sent off. Conor plays that safe, all day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He's not afraid of the ball. Lot of kids that break into the first team are hesitant on the ball and are more worried about messing up than wanting the ball. Even on Sunday and im not gonna keep harping back to Conor but would he have attempted to stroll past Moutinho with the ball want to attack the space. Drew a foul and Moutinho gets sent off. Conor plays that safe, all day.

Let's be fair though, if Conor had put in the exact same performance as Ramsey he would be getting pelted. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

It was Ollie Stevenson who worked with Jack during his rehabilitation.

He was the dedicated trainer in Jacks Strength building programme......not sure if he is still at the club though.

He most certainly is.

As I understand it, Jack was always the last one at the training ground and in the gym.  Ramsey is going to have to follow that kind of dedication (but ideally miss out on the drinking sessions with Ross McCormack, the driving with one slider and one slipper and the sleeping with a big black mama) if he wants to replicate Jack's physique.

Well, maybe a bit of the last one wouldn't hurt Jacob too much! 😉

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Let's be fair though, if Conor had put in the exact same performance as Ramsey he would be getting pelted. 

Disagree.  Conor is, as someone said earlier, excellent on the ball but does little to get on it/near it when we don't have it and is one dimensional when he does.  Ramsey has everything in his armoury to enable him to be a complete modern midfielder - an 8 or a 10 - and, if he continues to develop, will be a really good player for us.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

We would definitely hear that he didn't bring much to the game.

HOWEVER Ramsey is a 19 year old, with his PL game debut so the expectations were different than from a seasoned International footballer. 

I think he did well, and definitely did not stand out as the weak link. Well done Jacob!

• Like 2

Just now, barry'sboots said:

Disagree.  Conor is, as someone said earlier, excellent on the ball but does little to get on it/near it when we don't have it and is one dimensional when he does.  Ramsey has everything in his armoury to enable him to be a complete modern midfielder - an 8 or a 10 - and, if he continues to develop, will be a really good player for us.   

I don't dispute that, but I wasn't talking about their skill set, but specifically about the performance. 

Ramsey had 38 touches on 95 minutes, no tackles, no interceptions. 

If you keep everything about the performance the same and just replace the name and the face, Conor would be getting accused of having no impact, of not getting stuck in, ecc. 

• Like 1

Hourihane is constantly unfairly criticized, so whether people would have criticized him if he put in the same performance as Ramsey makes no difference, it's not an indication that Ramsey had a bad game, more that people are hyper critical of Hourihane.

If Hourihane had have played and put in the same performance it would have been acceptable, of course he wouldn't be getting the same amount of praise as Jacob, but that's because he's not a teenager and it wouldn't have been his debut, also it was Rambo's first game in over two months beside a couple England U20 training games.

It was a decent debut regardless of whether some would have been lampooning Hourihane for the same performance or not.

Edited by useless

On 13/12/2020 at 14:41, Zatman said:

I was most impressed with his pressing actually, it seems to have gone under the radar as well. 

Hasnt done anything to lose his spot if Barkley is out but i wonder if Burnley will try rough him up

Does the pope shit in the woods?

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I would extend that to he's not afraid to be there. He has the confidence and mentality - it's about experience now and growing his game. If you compare his body language to Vassilev, who's looked nervous when he's come on, it's totally different. 

I would argue that Burnley is indeed an ok game to play him. They might be physical but certainly not in midfield. We know Westwood. He'll chase and harry but he's as weak as piss water. Brownhill is not physically imposing. If Barkely is fit, Jacob drops out. If he isn't, he won't.

• Like 1

Â