Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Give him 10 minutes here and 15 minutes there to start with. Throwing him in against Wolves is the wrong way to go imo

We won the game... 
Why give him a few cameos here and there? He’s a man playing men’s football, he’s either good enough to play now or he isn’t going to make it. 

Granted, as soon as Ross comes back he will slot straight back into the starting line up, but Ramsey has essentially taken Hourihanes place now... competition is great. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think if Hourihane put in the same performance you would be slating him.

Not sure why you would think that, can you explain your reasoning? I'm intrigued to find out if you have some special access to my inner thought processes that I'm unaware of.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Not sure why you would think that, can you explain your reasoning? I'm intrigued to find out if you have some special access to my inner thought processes that I'm unaware of.

Because i've seen Conor put in similar performances and fans go after him.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because i've seen Conor put in similar performances and fans go after him.

Conor is ten years older probably making 10 times what Ramsey is currently earning. It's not an apples to apples comparison. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Conor is ten years older probably making 10 times what Ramsey is currently earning. It's not an apples to apples comparison. 

I just think Conor get way too much stick.

Most of the time he is doing okay and don't deserve abuse.

Great to see he can do almost 90 minute at a canter, at this level, at 19 years of age. He has a clever footballing brain. Jack used to get thrown around like a rag doll when he came onto the scene. He's a pure athlete now and very strong on the ball. Be similar with young Jacob, needs to fill out a bit. I certainly don't think Smith does tokenism. Was there today because he thought he was a better option than Nakamba and Hourihane. His confidence must be sky high.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why give him a few cameos here and there? He’s a man playing men’s football, he’s either good enough to play now or he isn’t going to make it. 

Disagree with this. Throwing someone in too early can shatter a young player’s confidence.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just think Conor get way too much stick.

Most of the time he is doing okay and don't deserve abuse.

But doing ok doesn't cut it anymore. I don't want anyone in the team that's happy with doing ok. You know what you are getting with Conor. He's safe, but he's not going to be part of any midfield that gets us up to a higher level.

• Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

But doing ok doesn't cut it anymore. I don't want anyone in the team that's happy with doing ok. You know what you are getting with Conor. He's safe, but he's not going to be part of any midfield that gets us up to a higher level.

I think Conor could be great today after all the set pieces we got

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Disagree with this. Throwing someone in too early can shatter a young player’s confidence.

Think we’ve been guilty of wrapping them in cotton wool for the last 5-6 years so much so that we end up with 22-23 year olds with no games under their belt. He needs to target a dozen appearances by the end of the season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

With the benefit of hindsight and how the game played, you can look back at the amount of set pieces we had. You can't see that before the game. Conor doesn't effect the game enough from general play. In and out of possession. That's cut and dried for me.

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think it’s horses for courses. I’d agree it could knock a young players back but the coaching staff must know what kind of character he is. He was brought into the game today to do a job, this wasn’t a practice match or early rounds of the League Cup, it appears that he acquitted himself well. Excellent day all round. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He wouldn't have because we would have never have kept the ball enough to generate getting into dangerous areas.

Conor is done here.

Give Ramsey game time and he will develop rapidly. He will be twice the player after a dozen first team starts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give Ramsey game time and he will develop rapidly. He will be twice the player after a dozen first team starts.

I'm not against that but at this moment of time i don't see much of a difference between Conor and Ramsey.

Conor would edge it for me for his set piece delivery.

Ramsey has way more energy off the ball and can guarantee he'd leave less space than Conor, quicker feet to pass the ball too. He doesn't have to be brilliant but if he makes the passes 10% quicker and moves across the grass quicker than Conor it's already a lot imo. Can have all the set pieces in the world but if you're a slow runner and slow releaser of the ball, the set pieces will be just used to try and claw back the goals that would be conceded from this.

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He wouldn't have because we would have never have kept the ball enough to generate getting into dangerous areas.

Conor is done here.

Agree completely. I respect that people on here like him and his service to us, but Conor is NEVER a PL footballer in my eyes. Way too pedestrian and soft. 

• Like 1

Â