Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I imagine it could be Jacob Ramsey or Lionel Messi and ROK would treat them exactly the same in training. Shouting at them to use their weak foot on drills and to pick up the cones on the far side at the end.

No I read on here last season that Dean puts the cones out and that’s all he’s ever really done at each club.

• Haha 1

i think Ramsey is an important statement for our "new" youth setup.

Showing all the players out there that we have a) massively developed our youth system, and b) are actually developing and promoting our youth will bear fruit long term.

If he can work on his physique this season, and bulk up like Grealish did, he looks like he might develop in to a really good player (time will tell).

Hopefully this time next year, he will be at least a regular fixture coming off the bench, and maybe even someone like Kesler will also be sniffing around the first team as backup to Cash.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think Ramsey is an important statement for our "new" youth setup.

Showing all the players out there that we have a) massively developed our youth system, and b) are actually developing and promoting our youth will bear fruit long term.

If he can work on his physique this season, and bulk up like Grealish did, he looks like he might develop in to a really good player (time will tell).

Hopefully this time next year, he will be at least a regular fixture coming off the bench, and maybe even someone like Kesler will also be sniffing around the first team as backup to Cash.

To be fair he has a decent frame for a young lad, I remember Grealish coming through at his age and looking like a twig

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

To be fair he has a decent frame for a young lad, I remember Grealish coming through at his age and looking like a twig

yeah, but that doesnt mean he wouldnt benefit from more bulk/muscle.

• Like 1

Had a look at players at his age, in a similar position, who played over 1,000 mins last season in the top leagues around Europe. It's a short but very good list of players.

Sandro Tonali, Boubacar Kamara, Hamed Junior Traore, Eljif Elmas, Aurelien Tchouameni, Yacine Adli. (Any of those in bold would be fantastic signings for us going forward)

If he's not getting on the pitch much, I would like to see him go out in January. See how things shape up.

As far as I know there's no way of watching, Wales' twitter seems to be the only place that's providing any kind of updates, 0-0 at the moment, apparently their goalkeeper has just made a good save from a Ramsey shot.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Was that the right back or CB? Seems vaguely familiar. 

Yep, I think he played both positions - only made a couple of first team appearances but almost scored one of Villa Park's all time great goals with a long, long run with the ball finishing up with a chip against the crossbar from twenty yards. I sometimes wonder if his career would have been different if it had gone in.

Anyways it finished 2-0. Well done Jacob on the goal - U21's next!

Â