Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Ramsey played brilliant today and he gets the nod for the next game if Barkley isnt back.

I dont understand why people are slating his performance, he played ace and did his duty..

A decent premier league debut, wasn’t amazing but then I never expected that. He’ll have learnt a lot from today and he’ll develop much quicker with more game time. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to loan him out, he’s likely to be needed for the first team in the coming weeks. Well done lad!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He need regular men's football.

Vital part of a young player's development

So sending him to league 2 to get roughed up is better than him being around our first team squad every day and getting some minutes here and there? 

That's completely out dated 

• Thanks 1

Definitely a solid debut. He was actually in good positions a number of times and John and Douglas turned down a pass to him for some reason. Keeps his place for the next match if the other option is only Hourihane imo. 

Quality ball in at the end as well. 

Not slating him.

He didn't really do much to write about. I thought he looked comfortable on the ball and had some nice interplay but that moment he just got pushed off the ball and it caught us off balance could have punished us.

He shouldn't be starting over Nakamba imo, yet.

Give him 10 minutes here and 15 minutes there to start with. Throwing him in against Wolves is the wrong way to go imo

• Like 1

I was excited to see him start but he didn't really look comfortable IMO. We either need to commit to giving him regular minutes or loan him out though, if we want him to develop he needs to be playing competitive football.

Some real cluelessness on display in this thread from usual suspects.

Very promising full PL debut. He's calm in possession, good decision making - did exactly the right thing delaying his pass to run down the clock for the (very harsh) Moutinho red card.

He'll get plenty of opportunities this season with the tight fixture schedule and our thin squad, so really no need to loan him out.

Definitely needs to bulk up a bit, but that'll come with age.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This. Looked like a PL footballer. More so than Hourihane dare I say.

He was solid and for a kid that is no small achievement. He kept his focus throughout, won some fouls and made some decent if unspectacular contributions to the attacking play. In a word he showed maturity beyond his years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not slating him.

He didn't really do much to write about. I thought he looked comfortable on the ball and had some nice interplay but that moment he just got pushed off the ball and it caught us off balance could have punished us.

He shouldn't be starting over Nakamba imo, yet.

Give him 10 minutes here and 15 minutes there to start with. Throwing him in against Wolves is the wrong way to go imo

Disagree, he proved himself

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think if Hourihane put in the same performance you would be slating him.

Even if that is true, if you cant see the difference then I don't know what to say.

One has peaked at average. ( By top 10 PL aspiring standards )

One is 19 years old starting his first PL game and put in a display similar to what we might have gotten from Connor - a seasoned professional.

Don't get me wrong, the majority of us actually like Connor but truth is truth.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if that is true, if you cant see the difference then I don't know what to say.

One has peaked at average. ( By top 10 PL aspiring standards )

One is 19 years old starting his first PL game and put in a display similar to what we might have gotten from Connor - a seasoned professional.

Don't get me wrong, the majority of us actually like Connor but truth is truth.

I think Conor would get stick for a similar performance. I think he would.

But it's totally understandable that a youth product is given an easier time by fans. I am all for it.

Exciting to follow his development. Hopefully he can make it.

• Like 1

Â