Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Didn't look out of place, if you were watching the game without knowing his situation I don't think you'd guess that he was a teenager making his full debut, looked just as competent as all the other players, hard to impress beyond that given the scrappy nature of the game. Also have to remember aside from a few England training games it was his game in over two months.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What do you think Aston Villa's aim is this season? We're not going to win the title, we're not going to go down. If we are to push for a spot in Europe, the chances of the difference between Europe or no Europe being Conor Hourihane must be hella marginal. 

No better time to blood the lad when the opportunity presents itself, in my opinion. We also know Dean Smith wouldn't be giving him the chance unless he had seen enough on the training pitch to think he was the better option. Time will tell whether he took that chance.

Yeah totally, it sends the right message to the youth team too, as if they feel like ‘their next’ type of thing it will surely spur them on even more to try and break through.

I thought Ramsey did really well, didn’t look out of place at all and he seems to have put on a bit of muscle since I last saw him which is a good thing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Once he gets physically stronger (he's pretty strong already) he's going to be our most important player. Already has a lot to offer. 

100% agree. Ramsey is going to properly (and naturally) fill out over the next year or two. When he does he’ll be some athlete. It took Grealish until he was around 22yrs old to fill out. Ramsey is likely going to be some unit. 

• Like 1

Just get him on the books of whoever it is that Jack uses for his personal training. Physicality is such a crucial part of the game nowadays as you can see with Conor who is technically excellent but struggles so much physically in the prem. Jack has transformed his physique over the past few years and really is a perfect athlete for his position. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Excellent experience coming up against such a savvy opponent in Moutinho. Sure he made a few mistakes but he'll learn from it and be better for it.

Great shout didn't consider this.

So many different challenges in that excellent wolves midfield. 

Moutinho. Champions League quality player who's getting on but moves the ball really well.

Dendoncker. 6ft 2" beast who keeps it simple and provides muscle.

Adama, Podence and Neto. Three lightning quick attackers who carry the ball well and run at you.

Great work dealing with that lot Rambo. He won't be facing quality like that every week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I was most impressed with his pressing actually, it seems to have gone under the radar as well. 

Hasnt done anything to lose his spot if Barkley is out but i wonder if Burnley will try rough him up

Completely different beast to Wolves, they will try and kick lumps out of him will be an interesting test for him if he plays.

Edited by zab6359

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Just get him on the books of whoever it is that Jack uses for his personal training. Physicality is such a crucial part of the game nowadays as you can see with Conor who is technically excellent but struggles so much physically in the prem. Jack has transformed his physique over the past few years and really is a perfect athlete for his position. 

Conor Hourihane ?

Happy to see him involved occasionally and on the bench but the lad isn’t a prodigy for his age. A season on loan to strengthen and improve is needed before he can possibly be a big part of a villa squad.

59 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Completely different beast to Wolves, they will try and kick lumps out of him will be an interesting test for him if he plays.

They have Westwood. He still loses runners. Ramsey v Westwood is no contest. Ramsey will run rings around him. 

Â