Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, WooJung said:

I don't dispute that, but I wasn't talking about their skill set, but specifically about the performance. 

Ramsey had 38 touches on 95 minutes, no tackles, no interceptions. 

If you keep everything about the performance the same and just replace the name and the face, Conor would be getting accused of having no impact, of not getting stuck in, ecc. 

Ramsey covered almost 11km, the most ground of any Villa player and second highest on the pitch overall. I don't think Hourihane is physically capable of putting in that performance.

I think I agree with your point though, it was a lot of unseen pressing work rather than anything flashy.

West Brom is a game for Conor, not Wolves away.

Great for us if Ramsey can become a realistic option for games in midfield.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 14/12/2020 at 18:41, GingerCollins29 said:

One PL start..."he will be our most important player". Would hate to see your reaction if he has a bad game.

Also one PL substitute appearance and those in the cup. Are you saying that there isn't a possibility he doesn't become our most important player eventually? 

My reaction will be along the lines of  'still learning but I can see his ability and he has plenty of time' . Maybe you should see my posts on some of the other players who aren't doing so well and how I defend them before making judgement on what might or might not happen in regards to players who don't perform and subsequently my comments regarding them. 

Edited by Sulberto21

• 2 weeks later...

Can we stop the " be great if he gets game time with a championship club in January " silly bollocks talk now please. First team squad member who's getting minutes almost every game for the last month or so. He's going nowhere.

• Like 4

Would of been a very sweet goal from him the way he curled it round keeper but just went wide. I think Ramsey is going to play a huge part in Villa for years to come, very good indeed.

Let's face it chelsea did alot of hanging on to the ball and they tried to keep it best they could and sometimes very efficiently side to side passing.

So whatever our frontline players could get apart from counters was good to be fair.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Can we stop the " be great if he gets game time with a championship club in January " silly bollocks talk now please. First team squad member who's getting minutes almost every game for the last month or so. He's going nowhere.

That ship has sailed, he won’t go out on loan now unless he goes backwards. He is very much part of the first team squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love how Deano is slowly drip feeding minutes and confidence into him. A start against Wolves, 15 minutes here and there in important games will give the kid plenty to take away with him from the experiences. Doesnt look out of place one bit. He has an eye for goal, good technical ability and loads of energy. Playing in a winning team always help. Being managed very well. You love to see it.

• Like 1

Having one of the world's best players (Grealish) come through is a compelling counter argument of course, but by and large we haven't been great over the years with youth players establishing themselves in the first team. 

Hopefully this kid will be the next one off the block, he certainly hasn't looked out of place when he's come in. And like noted above, he's not just getting a few minutes here and there when we're 3-0 up, he has come into high pressure situations. I think that shows the faith the gaffer has in him, and must do wonders for the lads confidence.

Â