Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Wow, most improved player I have seen for us. He's stopped his overplaying the ball and his defensive qualities are second to nobody else. Makes me wonder wether his poor shows before had more to do with who he was playing with at the back because him and Konsa look solid , more solid than Konsa and Ming's , unbelievable tbh .

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

I've always liked him. A proper defender, you can see JT has worked on him, as his positioning is better, and he is concentrating better.

I think Hause and Konsa is a good long term partnership, but i do think Mings is still first choice.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never really saw why people thought he was that shit tbh.  

He has been brilliant recently, but surely you can't be serious?

Has always been immense in the air but has also been Bambi on ice multiple times in the past.

Finally seems to have turned a corner though.

• Like 3

I'll hold my hands up, the words 'competion winner' have passed my lips a few times with this kid. 

Credit to Smith, Terry and the rest of the staff, and of course Kortney himself, the improvement has been staggering. 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never really saw why people thought he was that shit tbh.  His defending has generally always been good, especially in the air.

As much praise as I heaped on him in my last post, I really hope he will continue to improve. What I have been most critical about, and what one superb game wont change, is that he has had constant lapses in concentration and often makes howlers, that criticism has been justified. Now he needs to go on and play a couple of more games keeping it simple, being switched on all game and without the stupid mistakes. I think having a settled team and especially Martinez behind him will help a lot. 

Will be interesting to see who the voice of the defence will be now Ming's is out. Usually Konsa or Hause listen to his commands. So who will be the vocal one now. 

Against the big centre forwards he is a beast. Jack says Davis is stronger than Hause which is insane. 

When Ollie hit the bar and I seen that Hause was the one battling for the header I was already celebrating, I knew he would win that ball. 

52 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Will be interesting to see who the voice of the defence will be now Ming's is out. Usually Konsa or Hause listen to his commands. So who will be the vocal one now.

Watching Villa these last few weeks (and being able to hear the players), I'm sure Emi's got it covered.

Â