Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Not saying it should have been a red, but it definitely could have been a red, especially since the ref had just sent off a West Brom player for a sorta similar but not identical challenge. Props to the ref for not buckling under the pressure which I'm sure would have been a lot stronger had there been fans in the stadium.

Think a yellow was correct as there wasn't any malice, but it was a bit clumsy and under the circumstances it could easily have been a red.

Nice work by Hause coming in and playing his part in keeping 2 clean sheets even if it was against 2 dreadful sides who hardly tested us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not saying it should have been a red, but it definitely could have been a red, especially since the ref had just sent off a West Brom player for a sorta similar but not identical challenge. Props to the ref for not buckling under the pressure which I'm sure would have been a lot stronger had there been fans in the stadium.

Think a yellow was correct as there wasn't any malice, but it was a bit clumsy and under the circumstances it could easily have been a red.

Nice work by Hause coming in and playing his part in keeping 2 clean sheets even if it was against 2 dreadful sides who hardly tested us.

Did VAR look at this ? - on BT sport it said they did - but on MOTD they said they didn't 

IMO I think what saved Hause was it was a played crowded situation, with legs flying all over the place - where as the Grealish on was 1 on one 

Just now, hippo said:

Did VAR look at this ? - on BT sport it said they did - but on MOTD they said they didn't 

IMO I think what saved Hause was it was a played crowded situation, with legs flying all over the place - where as the Grealish on was 1 on one 

Don't they look at all potential red card situations? Who knows, perhaps the betting syndicate that pays off VAR wanted us to win big?

Just now, sne said:

Don't they look at all potential red card situations? Who knows, perhaps the betting syndicate that pays off VAR wanted us to win big?

Thinking about it - I think was what MOTD said was they didn't call the ref to the monitor.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

I think the fact that Hause's challenge came soon after Livermore's red is what influenced a lot of people into thinking he should have been sent off, as if their minds had been colored by that incident.

If Hause's challenge had have happened without the context of Livermore's foul, then it would have just been dismissed by most as just a clumsy tackle, the kind that you see quite often in games and that rarely get punished with a instant dismissal.

Exactly my take on it. 

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Agree with this - that's how I saw it too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

My understanding was that VAR look at everything, they stop the game for VAR reviews when they see something they don't like and want more time but the idea that the VAR didn't see it is wrong, he saw it and saw nothing wrong with it so didn't contact Atkinson 

The 2 challenges were completely different. If you're saying that Hause's was a red then you're saying you can no longer make tackles in football because if you're a bit late then you get sent off.

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wonder how we'd feel if the situations were reversed. 

I think I can honestly say I’d have no argument with the decisions, had they gone the other way. You really can’t equate the two incidents at all. 

Hause is not the best player in the world but what i like about him is he give's you all he has got, the foul had no intent compared to the attempted assault by livermore. You can see that he has worked at his craft and improved from last season so let's hope it continue's and we have a decent back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

The commentators on BT Sport said they could hear the conversation that the VAR ref was having with the onfield ref re. Hause foul. That's why they're able to say when an incident is resolved before you see the ref confirm it. The BBC probably doesn't have access to that audio feed if they're only getting highlights. 

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Lots of people on here seem to hate on Hause. I don’t really get it. He always looks solid defensively. He is just lacking on the ball. As a 3rd choice defender he is a useful option. Quick, strong, imperious in the air. Good in the tackle also. He seems to be moving the ball quicker and keep it simpler in possession in the last two games and has done much wrong. 

People saying he should've been sent off are wrong. Mings needless yellow I found more offensive than that.

I just came here to post this very same thing. I have no idea where it began, but all I have ever seen is a proper old fashioned, blood and thunder defender, who is occasionally caught out as a ball playing centre half, but when he keeps it simple he is more than serviceable enough for the Premier League. He won 9 headers against Burnley. 7 last night. He is an aerial powerhouse and he's no slouch on the deck either.  

I get that people want a 3rd choice as good as Konsa or Mings, but have a look around the league and ask yourself how realistic that is? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding was that VAR look at everything, they stop the game for VAR reviews when they see something they don't like and want more time but the idea that the VAR didn't see it is wrong, he saw it and saw nothing wrong with it so didn't contact Atkinson 

VAR checked the Hause tackle and advised NFA. I think ppl are getting confused with MOTD/commentators musing why the referee didn’t check the pitch side monitor, as per Livermore. The referee didn’t check the monitor as the advice was that the original decision (yellow card) was sound. Which it was. Hause tackle wasn’t excess force, wasn’t feet off the ground out of control, wasn’t any intent. VAR was spot on last night except for the disallowed Watkins goal.

2 hours ago, sne said:

I think hauses tackle was clumsy, bordering on stupid, but yeah not worthy of a red, although some refs might have given a red dunno.

Livermores tackle was dangerous and with intent, tbh it was a disgusting challenge and he didn't have the ball in mind at all, the guy went in with intent to stick one on grealish with his leading foot about a foot off the ground, and in a slightly scenario could have broken his leg. ..

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I just came here to post this very same thing. I have no idea where it began, but all I have ever seen is a proper old fashioned, blood and thunder defender, who is occasionally caught out as a ball playing centre half, but when he keeps it simple he is more than serviceable enough for the Premier League. He won 9 headers against Burnley. 7 last night. He is an aerial powerhouse and he's no slouch on the deck either.  

I get that people want a 3rd choice as good as Konsa or Mings, but have a look around the league and ask yourself how realistic that is? 

Don't know if its a coincidence or lower standard opposition - but Mings has looked great in the last 2 games alongside Hause.

For 3/4m or whatever it was, it’s an insane bit of business for a decent central defender able to come in and win everything in the air and dominate the poorer sides attackers. 

We all crave the 20/30m signings but these types are just as important. 

Really like Hause. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

I think the fact that Hause's challenge came soon after Livermore's red is what influenced a lot of people into thinking he should have been sent off, as if their minds had been colored by that incident.

If Hause's challenge had have happened without the context of Livermore's foul, then it would have just been dismissed by most as just a clumsy tackle, the kind that you see quite often in games and that rarely get punished with a instant dismissal.

Nah don't agree at all. It was obviously clumsy but was also very nasty.

Â