Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Last 2 games I have really noticed that Hause is so dominant on a long ball its crazy. Great leap and heading ability means that the forward rarely has a chance to get knock-down. Really reassuring when it pings his way by the opposition. 

• Like 1

Was worried about our lack of depth in this position but he's done really well. In fairness though both games have suited his strengths with his aerial ability. I'd still be wary of putting him in against a decent footballing team, but he's done us proud for now. Our squad players have really stepped up the last week or two. 

• Like 1

I think you have to give credit where its due.....he has presided over 2 clean sheets and he is a centre back, its their food and drink.

The fringe players have been a concern for all of us, we need a strong bench, and those players need games, especially when they have been given a chance and they have responded positively.

We cannot go through a season with 11 players.

It is imperative, that players like Hause and Nakamba, show some form, to help us along that rocky road....but they too need games to be match fit, confidence topped up and ready.

We don't need to bust a gut to get players back and then lose them again later.....they need to fully recover and while we have players showing a bit of form, leave them in I say....keep a winning team.

Jack, might be an exception to that, because he is such and exceptional player, but the principle for me stands.

In order to raise the bar at the club, we have to encourage winning and what better way to do that, than keep a winning team, last time out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 29/12/2019 at 02:21, villalad21 said:

Allardyce. Don't care what anyone says.

Fergie has said he's an underrated manager and i tend to agree. Allardyce is very good and effective at what he does.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

No problem playing Hause against the dinosaur managers. He can deal with the long balls all day long.

It's against the sides that wants to play actual football, will press us high and be in our faces that Hause struggle.

So glad we didn't go down the route of a dinosaur manager eh?

• Like 1

He’s been exceptional.

so long as he doesn’t try to pass it longer than 5 yards, he can stay in the team. Just give the ball to Douglas.

in the last two games he has averaged 7.5 aerials won per game, which would put him at the top of the premier league stats.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thug said:

He’s been exceptional.

so long as he doesn’t try to pass it longer than 5 yards, he can stay in the team. Just give the ball to Douglas.

in the last two games he has averaged 7.5 aerials won per game, which would put him at the top of the premier league stats.

One of the best in the air, in the Prem.

for what, 3.5 mill......I think he has improved too and Dare ,I say it, I think Mings plays better when he is in the team.

I am not promoting the idea he replaces Konza at all.....but I don't think he is as bad as some make out....If I was a championship manager, I would be in for him.

I wouldn't want him to go, because I think he is good back up.

Quite frankly, I like the kid, never moans or grumbles, just gets on with it......good squad man for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's done very well last couple of matches, but I'm kinda waiting on that mistake you know is there. 

Yeah, but I think a few make them......but some players attract the attention more than others....He will get better as they all have, in a Improving/winning team.

Mings and Konza have not been without errors.....Dougie has made a few, as has SJM.

They get fewer as a team gets better, I thought in recent games he looked solid, fortunate with the yellow, mind.

Edited by TRO

He's done well and I also think the type of opponents suited him with both West Brom and Burnley happy to play the ball in the air opposed to on the ground.

Palace might be trickier with Eze and Zaha running at us. Then again we should be able to hurt them considering how they acted against Liverplop.

• Like 1

He will dominate Benteke today. As much as I love CB, I watched the last few palace games and in my opinion he still doesn't look at it. It is a shame because I still believe he could have been one of the best in the world, he had everything, but it just isn't there any more for whatever reason. I see Hause being instrumental to our defence being up against him, if they're smart they will try to utilise CB in order to bring their other players into the attack.

Hope Hause keeps up his form because if he stays switched on he'll win his battles today I'm sure of it.

Â