Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Last season I felt this kid wasn't even championship quality. Either I'm just a mug or the lad has massively improved his game. 

Very well played again.

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What the hell is going on? 

confidence isnt it. Slotted into a confident and consistent backline which has helped him settle in compared to the mess at times last season when he had to come in. He has still had to perform as well which he has done very well

The two things I'd personally like to see Hause add is aggression (must improve) and when he gets a good chance to score try and get it on target (more a nit picking criticism). Otherwise he's been very very very good and more than dependable. 

Mings brings aggression which sometimes we need.

32 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Do we really expect Smith to bench Mings? I hope he does but I can't see it.

Yes.  What signal would it send if you come in and do as well as Hause has, and you then get benched afterwards? Mings has been making mistake after mistake, so it's now his turn to sit it out nad have to wait for his chance to get back in. 

• Like 4

Tough decision ahead of Smith but that's what you'd want really isn't it? I think there were times tonight where we really missed Mings on the ball as Hause and Konsa were forced into unsure hoofs that forfeited possession or back passes in positions that would normally see us be a bit more progressive were Tyrone to have it (as much as they deserve credit i think this is an area where you really see the other two look to him for leadership at times) but ultimately you can't fault him at all in terms of what his primary job is. Such a likable player, phenomenal in the air and another case of what we thought was a particularly light squad making itself look stronger than we all thought when called upon.

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The two things I'd personally like to see Hause add is aggression (must improve) and when he gets a good chance to score try and get it on target (more a nit picking criticism). Otherwise he's been very very very good and more than dependable. 

Mings brings aggression which sometimes we need.

He was in the team this evening in part because Mings at times shows too much aggression. 

• Like 1

I've not been Hause's biggest fan but, for me, he stays in based on performances and the fact Mings hasn't done enough to earn his position back this season, too many mistakes, poor focus and no discipline.

You have to reward performances and not live on past reputation and so far Hause is looking better than Mings this season.

Â