Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I've seen them given and it looks bad when you see it repeatedly on slow mo over and over and bleeding over again.

The difference between Hause and Livermore is not the contact - I'm certain both hurt - it's intent. Livermore went diving in, after the whistle, with his leg high enough to catch Jack on the calf not far below the knee. Hause was caught out by the quicker feet of Diangana.

The really telling bit? Normal motion. Livermore's is far more reckless and that much was obvious. Referee could (and probably should) have given a straight red - but he was never going to do that for Hause.

• Like 3

Potential red card aside; solid game and solid Prem centre back IMO.

In the air very few in the league could match him. 

Would also look better on the ball if he was playing left side (but obviously can’t with Mings!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, will87 said:

Pretty sure if VAR had looked at that he'd have walked.

Yep he got lucky there.

10 v 10 though...doubt the scoreline would've been much different as they've attacked more so we could've picked them off on counter attack like we did last 15 minutes.

7 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I've seen them given and it looks bad when you see it repeatedly on slow mo over and over and bleeding over again.

The difference between Hause and Livermore is not the contact - I'm certain both hurt - it's intent. Livermore went diving in, after the whistle, with his leg high enough to catch Jack on the calf not far below the knee. Hause was caught out by the quicker feet of Diangana.

The really telling bit? Normal motion. Livermore's is far more reckless and that much was obvious. Referee could (and probably should) have given a straight red - but he was never going to do that for Hause.

Absolutely right. 

I think it was a yellow, It wasn't any malicious intent, he just came in late. Wouldn't complain too much if it was a red though, could have led to a serious injury.

So, very near a red card there and that could have ruined the game for us. I thought he had a good game otherwise even if they hardly tested us. But this is why I don't want him in the team, if it's not a lap in concentration, it's a poor pass or its a stupid foul or it's like today almost a red. To me he is a liability and a new back up at CB is the most pressing area for us in the January transfer window imo.

Anyway I'm pleased he's come in and contributed to two clean sheets. Still think he's only effective against a couple of prem teams and we've played two of them but it all comes in a season.

Seemed to be this idea forming in last few months we have to continually play the same 11 to near death by March so nice likes of Hause, AEM and Nakamba have all started last few days and got us clean sheets and points. El Ghazi aswell for the attacking side.

Think people being missed is it's much easier to bring in squad players to a well drilled team where everyone is confident in their roles. We simply didn't have that for pretty much the whole of last season bar the final few games.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Never a red for me.

yes he was late, fully deserved a yellow.

but that’s all it was, he was late, wasn’t a lot of force.

Livermore on the other hand, tried to break Jacks leg.

It was a clumsy challenge but the literal wording of the rules is a clumsy challenge is a bookable offence if it is dangerous/reckless or with the intent to injure then it is a red. Hauses was neither rof those things he went in and caught a player it happens. 

• Like 1

Lots of people on here seem to hate on Hause. I don’t really get it. He always looks solid defensively. He is just lacking on the ball. As a 3rd choice defender he is a useful option. Quick, strong, imperious in the air. Good in the tackle also. He seems to be moving the ball quicker and keep it simpler in possession in the last two games and has done much wrong. 

People saying he should've been sent off are wrong. Mings needless yellow I found more offensive than that.

• Like 1

the ref that works for BT clarified it. with livermore there was a lunging action which is deemed an attempt to injure the player. with hause, he sort of stood on his foot but there wasn't a downward action to cause injury. the ref gave a yellow, but it was probably one of those where whichever card was given the decision wouldn't have been overturned

That was as yellow as it gets, he tried to clear the ball, very poorly so, and the Tesco's shin ended up under Hause's foot, and the in the momentum and dynamic of the failed clearence his foot sunk into his ankle. Painful, but it wasn't fouls play, it wasn't violent conduct, it was just a poor attempt at clearing the ball. 

A red would have been very harsh. 

Credit, for once, to var, for getting this right. 

Â