Kortney Hause

Sam3773

On 28/02/2024 at 18:01, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 but I have a feeling we’ve told him he has no future here, social media is rarely a great source of truth for stuff like this (remember the anxiety when Mings posted the somewhat cryptic black and white photo a couple of months or so back) but around month ago he posted something (cryptic) about being let down, or to that effect.

It seemed to coincide with him having just returned to training, my suspicion is that we’ve strung him along a bit to get him through the injury / rehab etc and then told him he’s not going to get a look in.

Surely he should have realised that already himself.

When was the last time he played for Villa or a PL team? 2-3 years ago? We are a massively improved team since then and he's probably worse after injuries and not playing for a while. 

He didn't really think he was ever going to get a game ahead of Torres, Konsa, Carlos and Lenglet?

I guess the big question is whether he still wants to play at a decent level or not. Looks like he’s happy to sit on his contract and then probably try to get a well paid move as a free agent

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Surely he should have realised that already himself.

When was the last time he played for Villa or a PL team? 2-3 years ago? We are a massively improved team since then and he's probably worse after injuries and not playing for a while. 

He didn't really think he was ever going to get a game ahead of Torres, Konsa, Carlos and Lenglet?

Probably not but I suspect we may have kept it open whilst he was rehabbing to keep him engaged and motivated, all guesses at this stage of course.

From what I could tell from his social media he's currently in dubai...but then he's also there with what looks like a PT in villa training gear 

I'm with @abdulaziz1 I just like the guy, he was a strange signing at the time but turned out to be a good one for where we were, man has a magnet for a head, unfortunately for him (and us) he should be a good championship CB but injuries have done him

Think some struggle with his social media being a life outside of football, which he is allowed, and the myth that he's on £60k a week with no interest in getting fit 

He's the same as trez and a few others, even El ghazi, not good enough for where we all want to be but still a big part of the journey 

• Like 1

Just to be clear, Hause can't play for our first team this season. Not registered for the league or Europe. No longer an option.

He has 1 year left on his contract, I don't see him getting anywhere near the same salary at his next club. So it will either be an early pay off like Traore, or a loan deal to try to rebuild his reputation ahead of a free transfer in 2025.

• Like 1

Shame as he never let us down when he played.  He's not good enough for where we are now, but certainly helped in the early days of getting back up. I wish him nothing but good luck.  He'd do a good job at somewhere like Middlesbrough. 

He was never more than a squad filler, even in the Championship. No shame in that. He's not a Micah Richards or a Ross McCormack. 

• Like 1

I’m sure he could do a job in League 1 or 2. Maybe even make it back to a Championship team with a bit of luck. Shame how it has turned out.

4 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Just to be clear, Hause can't play for our first team this season. Not registered for the league or Europe. No longer an option.

He has 1 year left on his contract, I don't see him getting anywhere near the same salary at his next club. So it will either be an early pay off like Traore, or a loan deal to try to rebuild his reputation ahead of a free transfer in 2025.

He’s only on 10k a week so surprised we haven’t just paid him out before.

42 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He’s only on 10k a week so surprised we haven’t just paid him out before.

How do you know this? I'd be surprised if he is on just 10k given he signed a new contract just two years ago.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 20:39, VillaChris said:

Has he even been named in any squad, he's certainly not in our european squad and not sure if we named him in the premier league one.

Chambers wasn't named in our euro squad either which is interesting call given how congested April could be and we needed a half out of him at the weekend. With Kamara and Donk not around either it's going to be an issue if we progress through Europa and we don't have two CBs available at any one time.

No he’s not the PL squad and we left 3 squad places empty which lays it out pretty clearly where the club stands on this issue. 

I don’t believe he’s been “strung along” as some have suggested, the writing has been on the wall for a long time as he was loaned out last season and there was a big dispute when we refused to take him back at one point, and then he was never registered in any squad this season even as a back up of last resort.

Ultimately he kind of brought this on himself by signing an extension under Gerrard when he was clearly right down the pecking order. A bad decision by the club to deliberately waste money keeping an unwanted player and a bad decision by the player to deliberately waste his own career

Edited by david-avfc

Just now, david-avfc said:

No he’s not the PL squad and we left 3 squad places empty which lays it pretty clearly. 

I don’t believe he’s been “strung along” as some have suggested, the writing has been on the wall for a long time as he was loaned out last season and there was a big dispute when we refused to take him back at one point.

Ultimately he kind of brought this on himself by signing an extension under Gerrard when he was clearly right down the pecking order. A bad decision by the club to deliberately waste money keeping an unwanted player and a bad decision by the player to deliberately waste his own career

Cheers. Was a surprise a few weeks ago people saying we should have him on the bench after the CB injuries but they clearly weren't aware he wasn't listed in any squad.

Would be interesting reading an interview he does after leaving us and how the contract extension came about.

Â