Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Let's see if Cavani starts tomorrow. Based on Ole's quotes today about Cavani going to be a starter more often than not, if he doesn't start tomorrow then I'd expect him to start against us. We'd need Hause's aerial ability there. Plus, Hause has barely put in a foot wrong in his four matches. Hard to see him dropped.

Edited by a-k

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

Yes.  What signal would it send if you come in and do as well as Hause has, and you then get benched afterwards? Mings has been making mistake after mistake, so it's now his turn to sit it out nad have to wait for his chance to get back in. 

This. Absobloodylotely this.

• Like 2

The only drawback is that he much less comfortable on the ball than Mings is, we might consider to play it out from Konsa's side a bit more. 

Rock solid, imagine him playing for a manager like Bruce, Dyche, Big Sam, ecc, defending in a low block and inviting crosses into the box. He'd really thrive in that system. But I'm really happy that's not our system 😂

Fantastic from Hause tonight, he looks like a different player since he's come back in.

Defensively I wouldn't mind keeping Konsa and Hause together against United on Friday.

But from a ball playing perspective I think we missed Mings out ball at times tonight, he seems to be the defender the ball is passed to for the long range ball out of defense.

An interesting call for Smith, and a problem I'm sure he won't lose sleep over.

In my opinion, he has been solid and played well since his return to the starting XI. He keeps the shirt for the Utd game. He and Konsa are in possession at the moment and did nothing wrong against Palace or Chelsea. Mings has to await his chance due to injury or loss of form.
A great position for us, the team and the club to be in. What a change over the last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Well played Hause! He just keeps his head down and keeps on improving, when his chance comes he's taken it. 

Beast in the air 

Likeable guy in interviews as well. Humble. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Yes.  What signal would it send if you come in and do as well as Hause has, and you then get benched afterwards? Mings has been making mistake after mistake, so it's now his turn to sit it out nad have to wait for his chance to get back in. 

Completely agree, but that's management isn't it? I have always advocated keeping a winning team and form > status. But often managers do these calls correctly cause there's more to football than what happened last match.

Man Utd is less about set pieces and hoofing and more about counters, pace and tricky feet. It's easy to argue Mings is more suited than Hause next match.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree, but that's management isn't it? I have always advocated keeping a winning team and form > status. But often managers do these calls correctly cause there's more to football than what happened last match.

Man Utd is less about set pieces and hoofing and more about counters, pace and tricky feet. It's easy to argue Mings is more suited than Hause next match.

I can think of loads of examples of Mings having trouble with pace, tricky strikers.  And even shit, absolutely awful strikers like Patrick Bamford and Danny Wellbeck.

Edited by Risso

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

now I'm curious...

He's a semi-serious DJ I believe. In fact I think if I remember rightly at one point one of the concerns about him was that he seemed more interested in his music career than his football career.

Anyway, he's been fantastic since coming into the side, much better than I would ever have expected. I'm not sure whether he'll keep his place though, as Mings' distribution is so much better.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

I can think of loads of examples of Mings having trouble with pace, tricky strikers.  And even shit, absolutely awful strikers like Patrick Bamford and Danny Wellbeck.

Agree Salah's second goal is a prime example of the biggest problem with Mings. He puts in a tackle immediately and Salah doesn't score but Mings was hesitant thus allowing the shot. Hause actually did really well against the tricky Zaha when faced with him and albeit a low on confidence Werner when he came on.

With all this talk of who to leave out it'd be interesting to see a Villa side line up in a 3 - 4 - 3 similar to Wolves with McGinn and Douglas Luiz holding and Grealish and Barkley roaming alongside Watkins. Smith won't do it but looks a good team on paper. 

8 hours ago, Risso said:

That's fair enough, I'm just saying I think Hause is worse at it. Not that Mings is Baresi mk2. 

Â