Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

That chance he had yesterday would have been buried by Prem standard strikers, I've known for ages that Hogan just isn't up to scratch. People who say he hasn't played much are kidding themselves, he started quite a few games in the 2017/18 season in the Champ and scored a measly six goals. He had one decent month (I think it was January) when he got the majority of those goals, most of the other months he was anonymous. 

Hogan may or may not rediscover the form he had at Brentford, but you'd like to think there'd be a midtable Champ team without a reliable striker who might take a punt on him. He's only 27 so not at the end of his career yet. Either way we need to move him on. 

Wesley will be first choice this season, I'm fairly happy with Kodj as backup option because he can also play wide left and has a few tricks in his locker which may be useful at this level as an impact sub. We definitely need another striker though, as if Wesley is struggling to score goals we currently don't have another feasible option to challenge him. Maupay is most likely the guy who will come if we get another striker, but I suspect we could get another out of the blue signing if Brentford continue to demand too much. 

A poor player who found a bit of form at Brentford. Nothing more to say really.

Sadly that is where I am at now as well.  I want nothing but the best for him but I don't see the quality we need going forward in him.  I feel like to succeed in the prem you need at least one or two elite talents.  For example Elhomandy is the by far the best crosser of the ball in the squad.  Another one, Connor has a wand of a left foot that has bailed us out on multiple occasions.  I don't feel you can say the same about Hogan.    
Edited by Rightdm00
Fixed formatting

On 21/07/2019 at 22:36, TRO said:

Maybe my words are general.....meaning looking like its everyone elses fault.

Has he had a go at Dean Smith yet?....because nothing has changed?

good luck to Hogan.

Didnt cut it here for whatever reason, but he's not a tool and i wish him best of luck.

(and a great goalscoring season so we can get a good transfer fee at the end of the season :P)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

good luck to Hogan.

Didnt cut it here for whatever reason, but he's not a tool and i wish him best of luck.

(and a great goalscoring season so we can get a good transfer fee at the end of the season :P)

How long is left on his contract? 

Good luck to him if he gets a move away. It is not his fault that we paid well over the odds for him and he didn't have the ability to live up to that price tag.

I don't have a problem with any player who tries and Hogan falls into that bracket and is a world away in terms of attitude and application from the likes of McCormack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

A loan to a decent championship team is the best thing for us and him. Nobody is going to buy him at the moment, if he has a successful loan spell it may trigger someone into offering good money for him.

I'm convinced the best thing for him is a loan to Sunderland. League One opposition in a good team, he'll get loads of chat chances and could get his confidence back.

Â