Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I've never understood the hate directed towards Hogan. He gives 100% whenever I seen him. He's been badly effected by injuries and as a result have never really been match fit. It's not like he pulled a McCormak and refused to train. He even cut his holiday short this summer to train with the rest of the squad.  

For me he is still a Villa player and I'll back him if he's on the pitch wearing a Villa jersey.

No hate, just not good enough and taking up a shirt number and wages. Not personal, just business.

Apparently they've been chasing Dwight Gayle all summer but have been priced out of a move for him, if they'd have let us have Butland at a fair price then they might have been alble to afford him, and have Hogan as a back up option as part of the deal.

• Like 1

Good luck to him, he tried at least, he just wasn’t able to fit in here. 

Hopefully with Hogan going out, this means we are closing in on our number one target forward.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently they've been chasing Dwight Gayle all summer but have been priced out of a move for him, if they'd have let us have Butland at a fair price then they might have been alble to afford him, and have Hogan as a back up option as part of the deal.

Stoke turned down a few my suggestions in March and April. That could made a difference.

Edited by Villan4Life

I know I had a look on their forum and they're up in arms not only about this signing but their transfer dealings in general. One good omen for them is that the last two championship clubs that Hogan has played for have been promoted.

As much as I would give him away, I hope Stoke are paying us a nice loan fee and are actually paying his wages with what remains of their parachute payments. 

Sending players on loan and paying their wages (Bosko, Ross, etc) was such an old Villa thing to do. I hope, along with our inbound transfer policy, we have changed the outgoing side of things to get better value for the club. 

Â