Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’s still a few articles going round twitter suggesting we never played to his strengths...

LOL. 

To be fair in the majority of matches he played (which was under Bruce?) we probably didn't.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. Let’s roll with this for a moment.

What were his strengths? 

Look I don't rate him a whole lot, but I think they were right about that one. Hogan wants it in channels or in the box IMO. He is tenacious and knows where the goal is. Bruceball largely involved hoofball, thus Hogan never looked like he would touch a ball when playing. He obviously isn't a targetman or especially good at hold up play. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No I am saying I am rating them on the same level give or take. 

Hogan same level as Kodjia? If you are not trolling then you need to see a doctor

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s shit but kind of hope he does well now just to prove you wrong. 

Erm, ok?

That's very strange but each to their own :)

• Like 1

I can't see him making any real contribution there or getting many games. The only hope is that they get injuries and they have to play him every week. He *might* get a few goals then and people *might* think he's not totally useless. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Thought it was pretty obvious considering the context of the reply. It's an embarrassingly shit group of striker. Grabban was alright and wasn't even ours.

2 years ago Kodjia had just scored 19 goals and Hogan had scored 15. It was not such an embarrassing group at the time. 

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said was a weight lifted off his shoulders to leave. Good luck to him as seems a good lad

I just looked up the interview. Maybe I'm reading too much into the quote but it reads like a dig at us tbh:

" It is a real weight off my shoulders to have left Aston Villa and to have joined a really good Club, a big Club, in Stoke City - it is a really exciting move for me."

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2019/august/Hogan-delighted-to-seal-City-switch/

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I just looked up the interview. Maybe I'm reading too much into the quote but it reads like a dig at us tbh:

" It is a real weight off my shoulders to have left Aston Villa and to have joined a really good Club, a big Club, in Stoke City - it is a really exciting move for me."

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2019/august/Hogan-delighted-to-seal-City-switch/

It probably is a relief, he hasn't succeeded here, he isn't liked by the fans and he isn't going to play. 

He isn't getting paid any less to play for Stoke. I should imagine he got a promotion bonus, so he's getting paid good wages to play at a lower level than he is contracted for. He will now play games which he will enjoy and he has a chance of being successful. He may even be liked by Stoke fans. 

All is good in the life of Scott Hogan. But another reminder of how important a good recruitment strategy is.

• Like 1

Looks like at Stoke he's replaced Afobe, who has gone on loan to Bristol City. Betwen them those two players have cost their clubs fourty million pound plus, in recent times, yet neither of are wanted by the clubs that paid the money for them.

On 08/08/2019 at 07:01, KenjiOgiwara said:

Look I don't rate him a whole lot, but I think they were right about that one. Hogan wants it in channels or in the box IMO. He is tenacious and knows where the goal is. Bruceball largely involved hoofball, thus Hogan never looked like he would touch a ball when playing. He obviously isn't a targetman or especially good at hold up play. 

So what's the excuse for Hogan when Smith came in and he was useless and when he went to Sheffield United and was useless. So Bruce's style didn't suit him and neither did Smiths who is the only manager to get him scoring style didn't suit him and Sheffield Uniteds style didn't suit him. So what style actually does suit him. Or was it just that brief spell at Brentford was the anomaly and what we are seeing at Villa and Sheffield United is the true Hogan going by his whole carreer I'd say it's the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I'm only prolongng things but, really, with our first premier lague match a day away, it is odd to see Hogan topping the trending list.

He was never going to feature in our 2019/20 campaign so good luck to him at Stoke and let's start thinking about Wesley Moraes and the rest...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

So what's the excuse for Hogan when Smith came in and he was useless and when he went to Sheffield United and was useless. So Bruce's style didn't suit him and neither did Smiths who is the only manager to get him scoring style didn't suit him and Sheffield Uniteds style didn't suit him. So what style actually does suit him. Or was it just that brief spell at Brentford was the anomaly and what we are seeing at Villa and Sheffield United is the true Hogan going by his whole carreer I'd say it's the latter.

I am not making excuses for him. I am just saying Bruceball obviously did not do him any favours. Anyone half capable of analyzing football can see that. Horses for courses and Bruce never understood that. 

Â