Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Did he actually blame the club for this? I have seen him have a go at Bruce before which was fair enough but I dont remember him blaming the club

Maybe my words are general.....meaning looking like its everyone elses fault.

Has he had a go at Dean Smith yet....because nothing has changed?

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

A lot of people dissing him and yes I’m not convinced by him but reality suggests that if we don’t buy another striker and it’s unlikely we’ll offload him, he’s going to be one of our subs for striker next season.  Davis doesn’t score goals, Kodja used to be good but not recently (although seems to have a good afcon) so if something happened to Wes or as a sub to Wes, we are short of options so Hogan comes into play.

classing RHM as a left or right forward based on watching him ie El Ghazi type role 

Please for the love of god can we now sign Maupay.

There are those that do see it how it is and if by some chance big Wes gets hurt or fails to deliver, we do need options and Hogan and Kodjia are not the answer.

Were going to have to dig deep for one or possibly two more strikers and I feel Maupay will be an excellent choice to have next to Wesley.

Smith should offload Hogan and Kodjia asap, maybe he's already tried and if it's that bad and nobody wants them then what does that say about the pair of them.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I think Davis needs to go out on loan. I think Kodjia is a good back up to Wes.

If we sign Maupay or another striker then I think Hogan will be sold, in fact his chances of playing a part for us are slim.

That's said as long as he is still here I will want him to do well during the preseason, even if that means he just gets a move elsewhere. I felt that by the time Dean cam on board Hogan had lost all confidence and with Tammy doing so well in a one striker system a few short cameos was never going to show much from Hogan, obviously most people want him gone which is fair enough.

But we do need depth in attack as if Wes gets injured we will be in trouble, Trezeguet if he signs and El Ghazi will need to contribute goals and both are untested at Prem level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not going to poo poo his goal.....a goal is a goal to me....not to be sniffed at.

My worry is.....He seems to blame the club for his lack of goals and so do some fans, blaming service etc.

Alan Shearer once said......As a goalscorer, you have find a way to score, you have to work your way in to score......There is not much future for players who just like stuff on a plate, that is not to be confused with players that read the game and make intelligent runs like David Platt did.

Scott doesn't just have to work hard, he needs to work smart.

You don’t have to look much further than peak Benteke. He basically assisted himself half the time. 

• Like 1

He has always reminded me of Shane Long.  Whilst I think he has a good work ethic, I think, like Long, he will struggle for goals at the top level.  However, I do think he should have been more prolific at Championship level.  Bristol City were rumoured to want him and they should have money having sold Lloyd Kelly etc..  I would gladly offload if we can get £8m or thereabouts and re-invest in Maupay who I think has more about him.

20 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He has always reminded me of Shane Long.  Whilst I think he has a good work ethic, I think, like Long, he will struggle for goals at the top level.  However, I do think he should have been more prolific at Championship level.  Bristol City were rumoured to want him and they should have money having sold Lloyd Kelly etc..  I would gladly offload if we can get £8m or thereabouts and re-invest in Maupay who I think has more about him.

Shane Long's criminal lack of goals is made up for the fact he leads the line so well, his all round game is top notch and he must be a nightmare to play against.

Scott Hogan isn't in my opinion, he is a defender's dream.

It's best for all parties if we both moved on as soon as possible and not drag it out.

• Like 1

what i dont get with hogan, is he's fairly short (well....not tall), hes really really stocky, like a tree trunk almost.....

....unyet he gets kocked off the ball like a leaf in the wind......i dont get it?, with his physique and fairly bulky/low centre of gravity stature, he should be really hard to knock off the ball.

....but he really isnt.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what i dont get with hogan, is he's fairly short (well....not tall), hes really really stocky, like a tree trunk almost.....

....unyet he gets kocked off the ball like a leaf in the wind......i dont get it?, with his physique and fairly bulky/low centre of gravity stature, he should be really hard to knock off the ball.

....but he really isnt.

do you think unyet is a word?

• Haha 1

On 22/07/2019 at 18:42, barry'sboots said:

I would sell him even for 2m, as things stands, let alone 8m. No one would offer anything near to that amount as everybody knows we want him out. Especially Bristol who wanted 30m for Webster.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

....but he really isnt.

Do you think his problems are mostly psychological? He just never seems happy and has looked tired, down n unhappy during preseason as well. Don’t think it’s possible now but maybe with a bit of building up n confidence he could get a decent amount of goals, don’t see how any half decent/capable striker can’t/won’t score goals with the style of play that Deano has been implementing.

Rather we just got rid but that seems so difficult and he’s not a bad character or personality either, doesn’t seem the disruptive type. Seems an honest lad who genuinely wants to do well but just isn’t cutting it. I really wonder what enabled him to score so many goals at Brentford and be highly rated at the time. West Ham really wanted him (I wonder if Bilic would take him at WBA now, we should offer him to them) and us signing him was seen as a bit of a coup at the time. 

A shame it hasn’t worked out but we can’t afford any passengers at the club, especially now we’ve got promoted.

1 minute ago, YLN said:

I don't know. You're trying to seem like you don't. 

Unyet, I think you do

Well even if it doesn't exist, you clearly understood my meaning so all is well :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Do you think his problems are mostly psychological? He just never seems happy and has looked tired, down n unhappy during preseason as well. Don’t think it’s possible now but maybe with a bit of building up n confidence he could get a decent amount of goals, don’t see how any half decent/capable striker can’t/won’t score goals with the style of play that Deano has been implementing.

Rather we just got rid but that seems so difficult and he’s not a bad character or personality either, doesn’t seem the disruptive type. Seems an honest lad who genuinely wants to do well but just isn’t cutting it. I really wonder what enabled him to score so many goals at Brentford and be highly rated at the time. West Ham really wanted him (I wonder if Bilic would take him at WBA now, we should offer him to them) and us signing him was seen as a bit of a coup at the time. 

A shame it hasn’t worked out but we can’t afford any passengers at the club, especially now we’ve got promoted.

A poor player who found a bit of form at Brentford. Nothing more to say really.

Â