Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm convinced the best thing for him is a loan to Sunderland. League One opposition in a good team, he'll get loads of chat chances and could get his confidence back.

I really don't see him scoring goals anywhere tbh.

You can argue you his merits and his form before he came but I think he is totally busted now. Gone past bad form.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

A loan is the best we'll get, nobody will risk signing him permanently. 

Agreed.

Hopefully for him and for us he finds a bit of form wherever he goes and someone is persuaded to sign him permanently.

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

Fixed it for ya. 

I've never understood the hate directed towards Hogan. He gives 100% whenever I seen him. He's been badly effected by injuries and as a result have never really been match fit. It's not like he pulled a McCormak and refused to train. He even cut his holiday short this summer to train with the rest of the squad.  

For me he is still a Villa player and I'll back him if he's on the pitch wearing a Villa jersey.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I've never understood the hate directed towards Hogan. He gives 100% whenever I seen him. He's been badly effected by injuries and as a result have never really been match fit. It's not like he pulled a McCormak and refused to train. He even cut his holiday short this summer to train with the rest of the squad.  

For me he is still a Villa player and I'll back him if he's on the pitch wearing a Villa jersey.

People often say this and it's always pointed out that there isn't really much hate for Hogan at all.

Most people acknowledge he has a good attitude and workrate. The unfortunate truth is he's just not very good. At all.

There is (or was) far more hate on here for players like Kodjia, Adomah, Whelan etc. Players who have done far FAR more for this club than Scott Hogan ever has.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Will he play at Stoke? 

If we can't sell him we need to loan him somewhere he is going to play in the hope of selling him. 

That said, actually playing every week may further put bidders off. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Based on ? ...

If he can hit the ground running and build some confidence, with a lot less pressure on his shoulders, I can see him doing OK. Certainly OK enough to at least warrant a permanent transfer away from us in 2020.

Â