Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I had a look on Owlstalk recently and they had a thread titled 'the team that Bruce built', they were basically trying to give him credit for getting us promoted. They seem to forget that Bruce wasn't playing half of them, the others he was either playing out of position or had sent out on loan. Also at Wednesday he won't have anywhere near the backing he had here to sign players.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Basically tried to gaslight an entire fan base.

I remember watching pre match press conferences when we were actually doing well. There was little commotion about his tenure and he would still be talking utter nonsense that wasn't even occuring about being under pressure and not being accepted.
I would then attend the game, good atmosphere, high spirits, we were winning most weeks then. I would hear the entire Holte cheer his name and ask for a wave. I would sit right next to the dugout and hear every single person back him and support him.

Then the next pre match it was exactly the same. Fans allegedly against him.

WHAT THE **** WAS HE TALKING ABOUT?

It got to a point where when he was getting decent results he was keen to rub it in the fan's faces, total word removed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I don't like him. He is about Steve Bruce and Steve Bruce only. He didn't give a toss about stitching us up at the end to save his own sweaty water injected half cooked bacon. 

The bloke is a walking Suet Pudding that's only been half steamed. Doughy and wet. With not much gravy and due to being half steamed he is still a bit gritty. Leave him and his self trumpeting to it.

Blobfish.

A walking suet pudding!!! Haha 😂 

I think he took lessons from the David o'leary charm school

Was it after we beat Sheffield utd he came out with "I hope that shuts a few of them up"?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Was it after we beat Sheffield utd he came out with "I hope that shuts a few of them up"?

That was when he lost me.

16 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think he took lessons from the David o'leary charm school

No, it was when we beat the mighty Rotherham at Villa Park!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Villan4Life said:

Rumours are he wants to sign Lee Barry Cattermole from Sunderland for Sheff Wed.

Cattermole is absolutely atricious

It makes for more comical reading when you realise it's no longer your team he is **** up.

I bet Cattermole can suddenly play anywhere across the middle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It makes for more comical reading when you realise it's no longer your team he is **** up.

I bet Cattermole can suddenly play anywhere across the middle.

£60k week for Cattermole who has heart the size of a pea.

• Haha 2

he's 31, the biggest problem would be he would want a career ending contract, 3-4 years in length so not only do you have to stump up his high wages you have to stomach his decline (from a not particularly loft peak...) and if they did somehow get promoted next year they would be stuck with him in the PL

if bruce wants an experienced CM he would be better off trying jedinak, Whelan or even barry on a 1 year deal, better players and less risk

• Like 1

I don't have anything against him and hope he goes on to do well at Sheff Weds. I suspect he'll be thereabouts in the 12th-6th range next year and may even get into the play offs. 

The truth is that hes been left behind by younger and more progressive thinking coaches. Hes one of a dying breed along with Warnock / Allardyce etc.. who can gee up the lads but don't offer much more than that. Thankfully the merry go round of these old school managers is coming to an end now.

He steadied the ship for us at a time when we were spiralling out of control so we can all thank him for that as Villa fans and as we stand right now I think losing that playoff final last year was the best thing for us in terms of going forward.

Yep, that sounds about right. Waster signing a waster. Cattermole FFS. Can you imagine.

He'll be gagging to comment on us if we're struggling next season. 

So glad we went up, thought he'd managed to cost us but we were just too good.

He built nothing. He damaged us badly. He ruined the chance to have an enjoyable season by refusing to play football. Can't wait for his next failure.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, that sounds about right. Waster signing a waster. Cattermole FFS. Can you imagine.

He'll be gagging to comment on us if we're struggling next season. 

So glad we went up, thought he'd managed to cost us but we were just too good.

He built nothing. He damaged us badly. He ruined the chance to have an enjoyable season by refusing to play football. Can't wait for his next failure.

John McGinn says hi.

Easily the best player we've signed for a decade or longer, and he only cost £2.5M.

But Bruce did nothing but harm right?

Â