Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

I just want to get something off my chest. I use Twitter a lot for footy news and I’m just so sick of Bruce’s name coming up in every thread and the amount of abuse he subsequently gets.

Sure he didn’t play the football or make the signings (if they were even his signings) that we would have wanted but the guy came in, steadied a sinking ship and got us within one game of promotion with that idiotic fraudster at the helm of the club. All this in extremely difficult personal circumstances.

I was pro him being removed for Smith and I think Smith’s philosophy suits us more but Bruce really laid the foundations to where we have got to. Why he gets so much abuse is beyond me and I don’t know why he still gets slagged off or brought up in EVERY conversation. He is a bloody EX manager and in the grand scheme of our ex managers, one of the better ones. 

Endorsed by our Current CEO and manager.....that's what big people do...Their appreciation shows the boundless humility they have, which will put us in good stead going forward.

everyone's opinions have been done to death on this.

Was hoping to see the last of this thread popping up to the top of the page after Dean completely showed him up this season.

All he needed was a January window (to plug the massive holes in the squad inexplicably left by Bruce) and a few months to bed in his philosophy to get us up, something Bruce failed to do in 4 windows and unrivaled resources.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think what got a lot of people's backs up with Bruce was the way he was venerated in the media as some sort of top class manager that we as fans should be lucky to have grace our club. Few of our previous managers got such an easy ride from the media as he did.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think what got a lot of people's backs up with Bruce was the way he was venerated in the media as some sort of top class manager that we as fans should be lucky to have grace our club. Few of our previous managers got such an easy ride from the media as he did.

Absolutely this - 100 % agree with you.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

"Who could do better?"

Love your avatar 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Endorsed by our Current CEO and manager.....that's what big people do...Their appreciation shows the boundless humility they have, which will put us in good stead going forward.

They just said thanks as not pricks. If Bruce brought us up 1st season he wouldn't thank di matteo. Would probabky have blamed him for things

He is a poison 

37 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

"Who could do better?"

Love your avatar 😂

"He gets teams up - what more do you want?"

People didn't seem to realise that football didn't stop the season he got Hull up.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nasty piece of work who plays the nice guy.

Crap crap manager as well.

Its pretty much this. Media friendly with his kids pushing the social media 

He is actually one of worse managers we ever had

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its pretty much this. Media friendly with his kids pushing the social media 

He is actually one of worse managers we ever had

His kids! Forgot that. Sat on holiday searching his name on twitter and arguing with people. Jeez.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

TRO - football is jobs for the boys these days and they all look out for each other - did you really expect anything different ? It very rarely happens.

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he is a prize prick.

Bit harsh that. Made massive mistakes but I don't have any personal bad against him. 

He should have done better without uestion but he stuck with us and was in the dug out when he had a horrid time  with his parent's. 

He failed but I wish him well and wouldn't boo him if he came back to vp

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bit harsh that. Made massive mistakes but I don't have any personal bad against him. 

He should have done better without uestion but he stuck with us and was in the dug out when he had a horrid time  with his parent's. 

He failed but I wish him well and wouldn't boo him if he came back to vp

I’ve my reasons. No point me debating it, I won’t budge in my view.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bruce is part of an old boys club where he's considered a 'top man' and 'one of the lads', tightly controlling his image ensuring his pals in the media portray his preferred narrative. The reality is that he's a manipulative piece of work who loves a bit of divide and conquer. This was evidenced by the way he tried to split our fan base by making out that large sections of our fan base were 'hysterical' and out to get him based on his Birmingham City connections. This was very much the line parroted by the media when he left the club. Many fans themselves fell for it and that evidence alone can be seen on this forum where the 'hysterical' terms was used to describe posts by more critical fans. 

This kind of behaviour was shown at previous clubs as well. He is just a nasty, manipulative piece of work when it's all said and done. 

That's how I found him as well.

Very calculated "act". 

Always saw him as a bit of a joke before he joined us. A symbol of the old school British managers. An analog man in a digital world.

But I grew to dislike (not hate ) him both as a manager and a person during his time here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bruce is part of an old boys club where he's considered a 'top man' and 'one of the lads', tightly controlling his image ensuring his pals in the media portray his preferred narrative. The reality is that he's a manipulative piece of work who loves a bit of divide and conquer. This was evidenced by the way he tried to split our fan base by making out that large sections of our fan base were 'hysterical' and out to get him based on his Birmingham City connections. This was very much the line parroted by the media when he left the club. Many fans themselves fell for it and that evidence alone can be seen on this forum where the 'hysterical' term was used to describe posts by more critical fans. 

This kind of behaviour was shown at previous clubs as well. He is just a nasty, manipulative piece of work when it's all said and done. 

People like Holloway...if anyone even whispers Aston Villa he automatically praises Bruce. He talks about him in glowing terms every time we're brought up on the radio. He praised him after we beat Sheff Wed 3-1. He praised him after Dean Smith won us promotion. It's like a weird tick.

It'll have really pissed Bruce off us going up, he'll be sick as a dog about it. Delighted.

• Like 1

Â