Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did Lambert get abuse though. Lot of groaning but he got an incredible amount of good will

Gosh I really think he did get more abuse than Bruce and for longer imo.

Lambert is a good guy and very respectful - I hope he can reinvent himself at Ipswich in much the same way that launched his career with Norwich.

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Gosh I really think he did get more abuse than Bruce and for longer imo.

Lambert is a good guy and very respectful - I hope he can reinvent himself at Ipswich in much the same way that launched his career with Norwich.

While going off topic. Sherwood did more in 5 months than Lambert in 3 years and got 10 times the abuse

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While going off topic. Sherwood did more in 5 months than Lambert in 3 years and got 10 times the abuse

Probably because he was a buffoon.

Obviously, it would be kicking and screaming, but I'd take Lambert back before Sherwood or Bruce.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Obviously, it would be kicking and screaming, but I'd take Lambert back before Sherwood or Bruce.

What sort of sick mind even thinks up these sort of conundrums?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Maybe some sort of managerial dream team. Tim could coach the defence, Bruce the midfielders to play intricate one touch football and Lambert to coach the strikers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd have Bruce ahead of Lambert. No question.

I'm shocked with your hatred of negative football that you'd want Lambert ahead of Bruce.

But like you said it would be kicking and screaming. It's not exactly a nice choice :) 

I think, and as I've said before that Bruce's tenure will come to be seen as the steadying of the sinking ship before the expansion.

I think history will reflect far more favourably on his tenure than the views of a select few on here.

• Like 1

The thing I hate about modern day football is when a manager knows his days are numbered he will just wait for the sack. He no longer wants the job so his hearts not in it,  the players want him gone, the fans want him gone. But the owners won’t act because of the payout. It just ends up leading to a few wasted months like with Lambert and Bruce.

You can’t really blame the managers for waiting for the sack. The compensation amounts are ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The thing I hate about modern day football is when a manager knows his days are numbered he will just wait for the sack. He no longer wants the job so his hearts not in it,  the players want him gone, the fans want him gone. But the owners won’t act because of the payout. It just ends up leading to a few wasted months like with Lambert and Bruce.

You can’t really blame the managers for waiting for the sack. The compensation amounts are ridiculous.

bit like politicians....I thinks its called modern day thinking( self,self,self)....good in'it

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think, and as I've said before that Bruce's tenure will come to be seen as the steadying of the sinking ship before the expansion.

I think history will reflect far more favourably on his tenure than the views of a select few on here.

Maybe if he left in the summer. His negligence this season to engineer the sack will always leave a sour taste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well its a good thing that history records facts over opinions then isn't it. 

Not sure that is a 100% true.

Things gets muddled over the years.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well its a good thing that history records facts over opinions then isn't it. 

So you don’t think all his strange behaviour was deliberate?

He really is that poor of a manager he couldn’t see that letting the transfer window close with that defence and goalkeeper was going to be a disaster?

I actually beleive he is a better manager than that.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure that is a 100% true.

Things gets muddled over the years.

100 years from now no-one will remember the ramblings of a fans forum.

100 years from now though, his overall record and the positions we finished under him will be recorded, as will the preceding and following seasons, hence my suggestion that he'll be seen as the guy who steadied the sinking ship.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So you don’t think all his strange behaviour was deliberate?

He really is that poor of a manager he couldn’t see that letting the transfer window close with that defence and goalkeeper was going to be a disaster?

I actually beleive he is a better manager than that.

No, I do not believe that he purposely tried to get sacked, if you honestly believe that I think your head needs checking personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, I do not believe that he purposely tried to get sacked, if you honestly believe that I think your head needs checking personally.

He left us with 1 fit senior centre back who apparently can barely walk at the moment and if its that bad probably wont play again. Instead of getting in players for problem positions so went out and spent 80k a week on Bolasie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

100 years from now though, his overall record and the positions we finished under him will be recorded, as will the preceding and following seasons, hence my suggestion that he'll be seen as the guy who steadied the sinking ship.

100 years from now nobody will remember Steve Bruce.

edit: pretty naive to think the dislike of Steve Bruce is limited to a select few on this forum. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Think he'll be seen as just another one in the long list of failed managerial appointments under Lerner and Xia.

He neither got us relegated, nor promoted. 

Utterly forgettable period in club history up until the point we got new owners and hopefully brought in the manager to get us out of this league in Smith.

Edit: And while he initially might have "steadied the ship" by the time he was sacked we were as unsteady and unbalanced as possibly could be. A travesty considering the money the club wasted during our stint in this league.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Â