Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Steve Bruce wasted nearly every advantage he was given. Luckily we have finally hired the right man for the job. 

At least we agree on something.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:39, bannedfromHandV said:

There are players and managers of Aston Villa who died 50+ years before I was born and yet I know of them or their names, so as much as it might upset you, Steve Bruce will forever be recorded as having been Manager here. 

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Do you even have any idea what point youre trying to make? 

You're taking two different conversations but using the same answer for both. Here, in this thread we're talking about the history of Aston Villa. 

In the DS thread, I used my lifetime as the measure. 

It is possible for two things to be exclusive of one another. 

I won't be replying again, fingers crossed the penny drops for you. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you even have any idea what point youre trying to make? 

You're taking two different conversations but using the same answer for both. Here, in this thread we're talking about the history of Aston Villa. 

In the DS thread, I used my lifetime as the measure. 

It is possible for two things to be exclusive of one another. 

I won't be replying again, fingers crossed the penny drops for you. 

I think that's the answer to this Topic....IMO both sides have merit.

but its opinions and has we have seen in the commons, intransigence sets in on all sides.

I suggest we all apply our energies on something most of us Agree....Dean Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

They'll be in  mix for top 6 next season.

Be interested to see who the favourites are come August. Guess two out of us/Leeds/WBA and also Fulham.

Luton have done brilliantly last two years but championship is big step up from league one and Barnsley are a yo yo team these days.

Think the championship will be very open league next season. Part of me wants to stay down one more year as I'm convinced next year will be when it all clicks for us and we'll have a 90 point title winning season.

That is however with Jack, McGinn staying and Mings staying full time which all looks very unlikely.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Terrible result for bruce. Since we beat them Bruce did his usual mini run of going through a crap patch. 

Last game of the season, means nothing. Like our result. 

He got 29 points from 18 games, which over the course of a season is play-off form. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Last game of the season, means nothing. Like our result. 

He got 29 points from 18 games, which over the course of a season is play-off form

There or thereabout's :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to get something off my chest. I use Twitter a lot for footy news and I’m just so sick of Bruce’s name coming up in every thread and the amount of abuse he subsequently gets.

Sure he didn’t play the football or make the signings (if they were even his signings) that we would have wanted but the guy came in, steadied a sinking ship and got us within one game of promotion with that idiotic fraudster at the helm of the club. All this in extremely difficult personal circumstances.

I was pro him being removed for Smith and I think Smith’s philosophy suits us more but Bruce really laid the foundations to where we have got to. Why he gets so much abuse is beyond me and I don’t know why he still gets slagged off or brought up in EVERY conversation. He is a bloody EX manager and in the grand scheme of our ex managers, one of the better ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just want to get something off my chest. I use Twitter a lot for footy news and I’m just so sick of Bruce’s name coming up in every thread and the amount of abuse he subsequently gets.

Sure he didn’t play the football or make the signings (if they were even his signings) that we would have wanted but the guy came in, steadied a sinking ship and got us within one game of promotion with that idiotic fraudster at the helm of the club. All this in extremely difficult personal circumstances.

I was pro him being removed for Smith and I think Smith’s philosophy suits us more but Bruce really laid the foundations to where we have got to. Why he gets so much abuse is beyond me and I don’t know why he still gets slagged off or brought up in EVERY conversation. He is a bloody EX manager and in the grand scheme of our ex managers, one of the better ones. 

Bit over the top. Your the first to post on this thread since May 5th.

• Like 1

I can separate the job he did for us in terms of stopping the rot, the limitations he had in progressing, his general nice guy demeanour and the petty spitefulness he showed on other occasions.

Has he commented on our promotion yet?

He was simply past his best as a manager. The games moved on and he hadn’t. Nothing against the guy, I’ve no doubt he gave it his best shot for us. And he did buy Super John McGinn. Always be grateful for that.

On 05/05/2019 at 20:02, VillaChris said:

They'll be in  mix for top 6 next season.

Be interested to see who the favourites are come August. Guess two out of us/Leeds/WBA and also Fulham.

Luton have done brilliantly last two years but championship is big step up from league one and Barnsley are a yo yo team these days.

Think the championship will be very open league next season. Part of me wants to stay down one more year as I'm convinced next year will be when it all clicks for us and we'll have a 90 point title winning season.

That is however with Jack, McGinn staying and Mings staying full time which all looks very unlikely.

Doubt we'll be looking at promotion next season 👍

Â