Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

100 years from now nobody will remember Steve Bruce.

edit: pretty naive to think the dislike of Steve Bruce is limited to a select few on this forum. 

You think I'm naive? 

There are players and managers of Aston Villa who died 50+ years before I was born and yet I know of them or their names, so as much as it might upset you, Steve Bruce will forever be recorded as having been Manager here. 

I'll suggest that 100 years from now more people know of Steve Bruce than vive le villa. 

And yes, it's a select few that despite him having left 6 months ago remain so bitter that they feel the need to keep letting everyone know their opinion. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Then you must think he is a very very poor manager. 

Wrong again, unsurprisingly. 

No, I do not think he is a very very poor manager, I think he's a human being who made mistakes and paid for them accordingly. 

Despite what you read in the Daily Mail, not everything is a conspiracy - they're not all out to get you man.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You think I'm naive? 

There are players and managers of Aston Villa who died 50+ years before I was born and yet I know of them or their names, so as much as it might upset you, Steve Bruce will forever be recorded as having been Manager here. 

I'll suggest that 100 years from now more people know of Steve Bruce than vive le villa. 

And yes, it's a select few that despite him having left 6 months ago remain so bitter that they feel the need to keep letting everyone know their opinion. 

While the vast majority have moved on and already forgotten he was here?

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You think I'm naive? 

I think you are naive for thinking it’s only a select few on here that are not fans of Steve Bruce.  I think it’s more likely a select a few on here that always feel the need to defend him for some strange reason. 

Also last time I looked it was a Steve Bruce thread. Isn’t it the place to share our opinions of him?

Finally, a hundred years from now the world will remember the name vive_la_villa 

Do not forget that! 

Will be up to future historians to retell the evens during the short spell when Steve of the Bruce's rained over the mighty Aston Villa - Creators of Football and inventors of bicycle kicks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wrong again, unsurprisingly. 

No, I do not think he is a very very poor manager, I think he's a human being who made mistakes and paid for them accordingly. 

Despite what you read in the Daily Mail, not everything is a conspiracy - they're not all out to get you man.

Wow you really are insulting Steve Bruce without even realising it! If the way he left our defence was simply down to mistakes then he really is the shitest manager we’ve had in years if not ever!!

Plus I read the Sun mate. Not a fan of the daily mail. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wow you really are insulting Steve Bruce without even realising it! If the way he left our defence was simply down to mistakes then he really is the shitest manager we’ve had in years if not ever!!

Plus I read the Sun mate. Not a fan of the daily mail. 

Okay bud, if you take comfort out of that you crack on. 

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay bud, if you take comfort out of that you crack on. 

Ok this is getting boring now. You think Bruce did a good job but made ‘mistakes’ in his last season. 

I think he did a good job but completely lost the plot in his last season which was so out of character it was beyond calling it ‘mistakes’.

Now I’m off to get my head checked so we’ll leave it at that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he did steady the sinking ship

then he unsettled it again and got sacked

🤷‍♂️

He pretty much left us in a similar enough situation from when he took over

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He left us with 1 fit senior centre back who apparently can barely walk at the moment and if its that bad probably wont play again. Instead of getting in players for problem positions so went out and spent 80k a week on Bolasie

So how do you reconcile the club nearly going out of business and that being instrumental in his actions, after we lost most of the defence.

Is that not reasonable or what?

I have to say, with all whats been written in the past, from either camp.....its tedious now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

So how do you reconcile the club nearly going out of business and that being instrumental in his actions, after we lost most of the defence.

I have to say, with all whats been written in the past, from either camp.....its tedious now.

He spent 80k a week on a luxury player who was never fit. Hardly the sign of a manager working on limited resources

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well if that’s the case probably best to not loan out your only other fit centre half, your number 2 goalie when he is better than your number 1, and a young up and coming winger.

He didn’t exactly help his own cause.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well if that’s the case probably best to not loan out your only other fit centre half, your number 2 goalie when he is better than your number 1, and a young up and coming winger.

A No. 1 he bought and chased for a few seasons

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Like I say....much was going on and finances was at the centre of every player movement.....wasn't he expecting to sign a new centre half and the deal died at the last minute,? maybe the decision to let Elphick go was too advanced,? maybe be he was told Elphick must go if you bring in a new CB....I think there are too many things we simply don't know, but the clubs finances must have played a huge part.

On the surface, He didn't help himself.....but maybe some things were beyond his control and he was trying to make good a bad situation....we will never know....maybe more than meets the eye.

Its all cosmetic now, I don't think he would have played the football Dean is, anyway.

Edited by TRO

Â