Keinan Davis

a-k

We won't be letting him go on the cheap that's for sure, I've noticed Gerrard seems to talk up individual players even when they're obviously not in favour, I think that's probably something he's got from Liverpool, make it seem that they're still a part of the plans and drive the price up.

Loan players have been a big part of Forest's succcess, in fact without them they almost certainly wouldn't have been promoted or even reached the play-offs, so they will be desperate to bring some of them back for next season otherwise they will rebuilding what's essentially a midtable championship level squad at best, and it won't be easy to bring some of those loans back, Garner highly rated at Man Utd, Spence will get other offers, I suspect they will want to make absolute certain that they at get Davis back, even if means having to pay more than they think he's worth.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

100%.

People will just judge on goal returns, though, and deem him not good enough.  The Forest fans here absolutely love him, say he's completely pivotal to them doing well as his hold up play and ability to find space and link the midfield with the wings and attack literally makes them the side they are.  There's no reason at all why he wouldn't be able to do the same in the PL.  To be honest, he's shown glimpses with us too.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watched him closely today and he’s a frustrating player. His hold up play, link play and physicality are all impressive but he just doesn’t get into scoring positions. The worst thing is he just doesn’t look to be trying to get into scoring positions. So many times Forest had the ball where it was obvious a cross was coming in and he isn’t alert to it and ambling around. He’s not trying to get in front of his man or even looking to get on the end of it. 

He’s got a lot of good attributes but the man just isn’t a goalscorer and that will always be his problem. He needs someone to sit him down, watch the games with him again and show him how many times he’s missing the opportunity to get into a dangerous position. 

We’ll sell him. I just hope we can get a few million for him. It’s a shame, because there is a player in there somewhere. 

See? ;) 

Strangely hoping for him to turn up at New Street wearing a Forest kit and their fans to go mad for it. Would add a nice amount to whatever they have to pay us (which I think will be higher then a lot of you are suggesting). 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Perfect time to sell, forest like we did with Mings will be desperate for him. 

im not sure thats true tbh.

But i do agree we should try and get a reasonable price for him from Forest, if possible.

Glad to see him do well. I expect his value will double now, albeit from a low base, as presumably Forest will want to keep hold of their play-off heroes, much like we did with Mings, Hause, El Ghazi and it seems like Davis is well liked up there and plays every game when fit. He's proven he can be a useful player if given proper game time, he's never going to be a 20 goal a season man but could hit double figures and has a lot of great attributes with his strength, pace, hold up play etc so would be a decent for a lower PL side like Forest will now be, or certainly good enough for the championship. £8-10m + sell on % in case he turns into an Michail Antonio type would be decent for all parties

Loan him out for another season or £20m. We hold all the cards and they are not getting a similar striker for £20m. 

My opinion on him is he needs to give or get 10% more in his game , not sure how he can do it but playing more minutes may help. Fitness level, effort or belief in himself could also be where he can get it.

If he can get this little bit extra then he could be a good premier League striker. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

I have always been a fan and always wanted him to do well. Sadly I feel he is never going to be good enough for the Villa progression. There are other strikers already here better to sit on the bench

So even if he is one of our own its time to cash in and wish him all the very best

• Like 1

Got to be honest, I’m also surprised at the low numbers quoted on here. You might all be right and he might go for 6-8 mill. But they know he does a job for them, they know he fits in well and has a good attitude, they want him. I would be hoping to get 10-12 for him at least.

• Like 1

How long he’s got on his contract will surely dictate what we get for him? Whatever that figure is, and as much as I wanted to see him succeed at Villa, he’s got to go now for his own career’s sake. He needs to play and if he gets the chance to do that in the premier league with Forest, he’d be mad not to take it. 

Â