Keinan Davis

a-k

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nick76. You really do err on the side of negative with regards to Keinan. Had to stop posting about him as your negativity towards him was making me want to launch my phone at the wall in frustration. Not a great game from him if i am honest but to argue that your posts were in support of him is simply laughable. Well done Forest . Chuffed to have them back in the Prem. Proper club with a likeable team and manager. 

Maybe but I think that is true about all of us that sometimes we are more positive on some players and sometimes more negative on other players, I, to some, are probably more negative on Keinan than some would like.  

As for supporting him I was before the game, and during the game and then as usual I get fed up with him plodding around and being ineffectual and it bugs me. I’ve sat down this afternoon to support him and Forest to get promoted, I could’ve gone out and done something else but no sat and watched the game and wanting Forest to win.  That obviously doesn’t come across on the forum but i am doing that but then he does the same things, then some on here give him every excuse because of it and say silly things and you just think, are these people living in reality, watching the same thing we’ve seen for years with him.  He has some flash points during his time at Forest and their fans love him but jeez it’s the Championship and Forest have known nothing but misery for years.  Keinan is a very good Championship striker, there is no doubt but sometimes I want to say to him do so much more.  With his frame and size he could’ve done so much more today even if he’s only just comeback from injury. The Huddersfield defenders weren’t very good but we saw one glimpse on the 52 minute just past the half way line.  Why isn’t he doing that more often!  I watched the games of Forest on tv since he went on loan and we've seen flashes of it but not enough and certainly not enough to impact top PL defenders.

I’m thrilled separately that Forest have got back up, been there loads of times for Villa away games, in what seems decades ago and they are a great bunch of fans and a nice city.  Plus more local-ish teams the better.  Great result!

Edited by nick76

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think most people on this forum know your views on Davis by now, pal.

I think most people know my views on most things on this forum, I’m not backwards in my views which seems to irritate some people.  But to be fair to me I do explain in great detail my views and why, but some people disagree and I do like the odd banter joke as well.  I’m not going to change, I’m too set in my ways!

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe but I think that is true about all of us that sometimes we are more positive on some players and sometimes more negative on other players, I, to some, are probably more negative on Keinan than some would like.  

As for supporting him I was before the game, and during the game and then as usual I get fed up with him plodding around and being ineffectual and it bugs me. I’ve sat down this afternoon to support him and Forest to get promoted, I could’ve gone out and done something else but no sat and watched the game and wanting Forest to win.  

I'm sure Keinan appreciates it lol

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

therefore you just resort to petty cheap comebacks. Makes you look pretty weird to be honest. 

To be fair you were just as bad with the petty cheap comeback with the Tammy dig so there is no moral high ground for either of us.

Edited by nick76

Watched him closely today and he’s a frustrating player. His hold up play, link play and physicality are all impressive but he just doesn’t get into scoring positions. The worst thing is he just doesn’t look to be trying to get into scoring positions. So many times Forest had the ball where it was obvious a cross was coming in and he isn’t alert to it and ambling around. He’s not trying to get in front of his man or even looking to get on the end of it. 

He’s got a lot of good attributes but the man just isn’t a goalscorer and that will always be his problem. He needs someone to sit him down, watch the games with him again and show him how many times he’s missing the opportunity to get into a dangerous position. 

We’ll sell him. I just hope we can get a few million for him. It’s a shame, because there is a player in there somewhere. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watched him closely today and he’s a frustrating player. His hold up play, link play and physicality are all impressive but he just doesn’t get into scoring positions. The worst thing is he just doesn’t look to be trying to get into scoring positions. So many times Forest had the ball where it was obvious a cross was coming in and he isn’t alert to it and ambling around. He’s not trying to get in front of his man or even looking to get on the end of it. 

He’s got a lot of good attributes but the man just isn’t a goalscorer and that will always be his problem. He needs someone to sit him down, watch the games with him again and show him how many times he’s missing the opportunity to get into a dangerous position. 

We’ll sell him. I just hope we can get a few million for him. It’s a shame, because there is a player in there somewhere. 

To be fair, today wasn't his best game since he's been gone by any stretch.

Bare in mind, he's recently just come back from an injury, and I could see it.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, today wasn't his best game since he's been gone by any stretch.

Bare in mind, he's recently just come back from an injury, and I could see it.

Agreed but I’ve watched him a couple of times this season and my point stands. 

I really like Davis and would love him to come good but I can’t see it happening. He doesn’t have the footballing intelligence to quite make it. 

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I really like Davis and would love him to come good but I can’t see it happening. He doesn’t have the footballing intelligence to quite make it. 

Fair play.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play.

I think he’s a fantastic championship striker though, as long as you have goals from elsewhere - like Brennan Johnson. 

He may just make it as a low end PL striker but that’s obviously not where we want to be. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He looked totally unfit today and it’s a testament to his value to forest that they even considered starting him. 

I agree that there’s a player in there but (unfortunately) his career is most likely to be away from Villa. 

He will be a player I watch from afar hoping he absolutely tears it up and has a great career. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He looked totally unfit today and it’s a testament to his value to forest that they even considered starting him. 

I agree that there’s a player in there but (unfortunately) his career is most likely to be away from Villa. 

He will be a player I watch from afar hoping he absolutely tears it up and has a great career. 

Yes this is it. He obviously isnt over the injury and was well below his best today.  Hes a big part of Forests promotion this season and I'm sure they will to make his deal permanent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Between 5m to 8m I reckon?  Would love more but I honestly don’t see him being a 10m plus player.

Still it’s decent profit for someone that cost buttons. 

Liverpool can inflate prices of their fringe players, so why can't we?

Â