Keinan Davis

a-k

I really like Keinan especially his hold up play but let's not kid ourselves he's 24 now and doing reasonably well in the championship he has found his level and I am really pleased. Realistically he is never going to play for our first team again, the best outcome is Forest want him and pay us a decent fee (would be happy with a nominal fee tbh just so he can go and enjoy his football) really don't think their is any need for a sell on clause tbh 😂

FWIW I think the club stifled his development he might have been a different player had he been let out on loan much earlier. Biggleswade Town to Aston Villa first team was far to big an ask. 

Keinan is a good player and seems to be a decent bloke too. However I think he falls short as a PL centre forward. If we were to put him up for sale we’d get zero offers from top half PL clubs and probably not much interest from other PL clubs either.

He looks like he’s found a home at Forest and I hope he plays a blinder today and they win. I hope they buy him for a big fee, pay him a huge wage and he has a wonderful career. 

• Like 3

Just now, zab6359 said:

I really like Keinan especially his hold up play but let's not kid ourselves he's 24 now and doing reasonably well in the championship he has found his level and I am really pleased. Realistically he is never going to play for our first team again, the best outcome is Forest want him and pay us a decent fee (would be happy with a nominal fee tbh just so he can go and enjoy his football) really don't think their is any need for a sell on clause tbh 😂

FWIW I think the club stifled his development he might have been a different player had he been let out on loan much earlier. Biggleswade Town to Aston Villa first team was far to big an ask. 

Think you might be in for a surprise. I reckon he's staying as he's shown that he's a level above the championship when he's played. 

It's his injury record that is the major issue with Keinan, not his ability. 

If we let him go for a "nominal fee" it will be a travesty. Forest will have to cough up a minimum of £15m to get him imo.

He's so much more than just a striker, he's a bloody good footballer. The Forest fans think he's so good they just cannot believe he doesn't get game time for us. 

I would love for him to start and absolutely boss the game on the biggest stage tonight, show everyone what they're missing and drive up his price tag by another £5-10m in the process. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Think you might be in for a surprise. I reckon he's staying as he's shown that he's a level above the championship when he's played. 

If we let him go for a "nominal fee" it will be a travesty. Forest will have to cough up a minimum of £15m to get him imo.

He's so much more than just a striker, he's a bloody good footballer. The Forest fans think he's so good they just cannot believe he doesn't get game time for us. 

I would love for him to start and absolutely boss the game on the biggest stage tonight, show everyone what they're missing and drive up his price tag by another £5-10m in the process. 

He'll be gone without a doubt in the summer I would be amazed if we kept him just don't see any place for him in a SG side, I agree he's a good footballer just not at premier league level for me perfect fit for the Championship. 

Agree with the bit in bold though 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

top premier league defenders, would have him in their pocket......Their anticipation and reading of the game would have him negated.

We need strikers, equal to that, who know when and where to make sharp runs.......Players who get get inbetween the lines and cause chaos.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

top premier league defenders, would have him in their pocket......Their anticipation and reading of the game would have him negated.

We need strikers, equal to that, who know when and where to make sharp runs.......Players who get get inbetween the lines and cause chaos.

Yep totally agree.  I will be supporting him this afternoon and wish him the best and hopefully then he gets a good move in the summer.

• Like 1

I think he has PL potential. Really do. His allround game isn't just good, it's superb.

Time to wait and see how his career pans out. Much rather we just discussed him on a game-to-game basis rather than writing him off constantly. The constant 'he's found his level!' posts are boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

So do you not think he's already had good performances in the PL then?

49 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would love this too. Not just for the extra cash for Villa, I would like it for him too.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

TRO you are most probably right BUT in the back of my mind is the fact he has never ever had a run of games up until now. 

He has played just under 1200 minutes this  season, and then around 2400 minutes over the previous 5 seasons.  91 appearances with a total of 3600 minutes . 40 games worth of minutes in 6 seasons. 

He has some really impressive qualities. In fact if you look at how he plays for Forest he is a second striker. Drops off  gets the ball and then drives forward.  Exactly how i expected Leon Bailey to play like. And he attracts players to him like Jack used to , because he is so difficult to get off the ball. Very much in the Collymore mould. 

I hope that he gets a chance pre season . He is most likely not going to be the answer but it would be wrong not to give him one final chance. Or he goes to Forest on loan and we see if he gets totally negated if they come up 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Or he goes to Forest on loan and we see if he gets totally negated if they come up

Right, there’s a 50/50 chance Forest come up and if we offered him back on loan to see how he does in a full PL season I think they’d take it as it saves them money to invest elsewhere. Then if we are selling him in a year he’s either a proven PL player or… well… not. 

If we end up selling him this summer that’s ok too (and maybe the best option if Forest stay down but want him) - but I simply don’t think he’ll get a chance here next season, one way or another he needs a full season playing first team football at this time of his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don't think this is correct. I think every defender in the league would walk off feeling battered and know that they'd been bullied for most of the game. A lot wouldn't be able to get the ball off him as he holds it up so well.

His problem is that he wouldn't get any scoring chances or be in many goalscoring positons....but that's not the same as being in someone's 'pocket'. 

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I don't think this is correct. I think every defender in the league would walk off feeling battered and know that they'd been bullied for most of the game. A lot wouldn't be able to get the ball off him as he holds it up so well.

His problem is that he wouldn't get any scoring chances or be in many goalscoring positons....but that's not the same as being in someone's 'pocket'. 

I agree but I think he still has PL potential - however I don’t think he suits our style of play under Gerrard. With Forest he’s either holding the ball up for rapid wingers or driving himself from midfield. In either scenario I don’t think he’s suited to playing in front of Coutinho and Buendia where I think a sharp finisher is the main need if they are on form with chance creation. 

That’s not a criticism of him at all - to put it in top tier terms I think he’d do better with Salah and Mané on either side of him than in front of KDB and Bernardo Silva - I think he just doesn’t suit the style Gerrard is striving for.

I wonder what his wages are like compared to Ollie. If we’re looking for someone to bully defenders and not score then maybe he’d be a cheaper option.

I actually think he’s got decent potential to develop further at PL level if he’s spends a year starting games at PL level. I’d love to see a buyback clause if Forest go up and we sell him.

Either way I wish him the best, because I feel the club hasn’t really managed his career very well prior to this loan.

If we’ve learned anything it should be sell high when you have a chance. Davis is never ever going to be top 6 quality so if that’s the aim we should take forest or Norwich for as much as we can while we have the opportunity. If we get 10-15 for him, sell ings for 20 to 25 and add on the existing budget, you have the opportunity to get someone special who really is going to make the difference…..and you still have archer as the youth back up option to Watkins. 

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I think he has PL potential. Really do. His allround game isn't just good, it's superb.

Time to wait and see how his career pans out. Much rather we just discussed him on a game-to-game basis rather than writing him off constantly. The constant 'he's found his level!' posts are boring.

100%.

People will just judge on goal returns, though, and deem him not good enough.  The Forest fans here absolutely love him, say he's completely pivotal to them doing well as his hold up play and ability to find space and link the midfield with the wings and attack literally makes them the side they are.  There's no reason at all why he wouldn't be able to do the same in the PL.  To be honest, he's shown glimpses with us too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good that he's starting, i've been impressed with Sam Surridge who I have watched a few times when keinan was injured and thought he looked decent, shows the faith that cooper has in keinan though. They will want to make it difficult for Huddersfield defence with big keinan bossing them around for a bit and then i think surridge will come on later in the second half to get a winner for them.

Thing is they have so many good players like Spence, Johnson, Davis, Surridge who are lethal and can all get the goals in championship. Hope he has a big part to play in this game though

Â