Keinan Davis

a-k

Go on Keinan! Hope he plays a blinder today and scores, fingers crossed. 

Someone in this thread today mentioned a buy back clause if Forest win today and we sell him to them in the summer, I think that's a good idea, just in case.. Because if he starts all or most of their PL games next season and scores 15 PL goals (you never know) and his confidence shoots up then I'd like us to be able to get him back at Villa! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

I wonder what his wages are like compared to Ollie. If we’re looking for someone to bully defenders and not score then maybe he’d be a cheaper option.

I actually think he’s got decent potential to develop further at PL level if he’s spends a year starting games at PL level. I’d love to see a buyback clause if Forest go up and we sell him.

Either way I wish him the best, because I feel the club hasn’t really managed his career very well prior to this loan.

About "someone to bully defenders and not score", well at least he did score for us in the PL in the end, at last, near the end of the 20/21 season, that quick close range prod goal. That was the monkey off his back and now he can be more confident. If he has a long run of starts in the PL then maybe he could end up scoring quite a lot of goals, perhaps if he works more than before in training on that side of his game.

So I like the optimism and faith in the 2nd paragraph in your post.  : >

3 hours ago, TRO said:

top premier league defenders, would have him in their pocket......Their anticipation and reading of the game would have him negated.

We need strikers, equal to that, who know when and where to make sharp runs.......Players who get get inbetween the lines and cause chaos.

Wrong, he can take Villa to the CL and deliver England a trophy

• Haha 1

Always asking for the ball to be played in to him, but his first touch hasn't been great so far this game.

Looks to easily have the strength to hold off their CB but been beaten in the air by the defender twice already.

Showing sign of not being quite at his sharpest, probably due to his recent injury and maybe a bit of nerves. Would love it if he scored or got an assist.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Always seems to take the easy/sensible option, but doing that just led to the assist for the goal.

Going well so far

In a game Forest are on top he’s done next to bugger all

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

In a game Forest are on top he’s done next to bugger all

They've not got the ball into the final third at all or created anything. The ball has been in their third for most the half. The midfield look turgid and Davis and Johnson have seen absolutely nothing of the ball.

Saying that he doesn't look remotely fit. He had the ball and opened his legs for a sprint end of the half and he didn't really have the acceleration or the legs. Looked very tired and I'm not sure now if he's even training and nursing an injury still.

A

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

They've not got the ball into the final third at all or created anything. The ball has been in their third for most the half. The midfield look turgid and Davis and Johnson have seen absolutely nothing of the ball.

Saying that he doesn't look remotely fit. He had the ball and opened his legs for a sprint end of the half and he didn't really have the acceleration or the legs. Looked very tired and I'm not sure now if he's even training and nursing an injury still.

A

Or he’s not that great!

Forest have been on top.  Davis isn’t doing enough, moving around to call for the ball.  He’s had a couple of nice touches, a couple of poor touches but generally just plodded around upfront.  Now if he’s unfit, fair enough, get him off and bring the other striker on.  If he’s ok and that’s how he’s playing then he needs to move more and help because they are on top.  How anybody thinks he’s a PL striker I’ll never know.

Just now, nick76 said:

Or he’s not that great!

Forest have been on top.  Davis isn’t doing enough, moving around to call for the ball.  He’s had a couple of nice touches, a couple of poor touches but generally just plodded around upfront.  Now if he’s unfit, fair enough, get him off and bring the other striker on.  If he’s ok and that’s how he’s playing then he needs to move more and help because they are on top.  How anybody thinks he’s a PL striker I’ll never know.

Hasn't he not long come back from an injury? They obviously rate him to be playing him when he's not fully fit.

• Like 2

Just now, daggy_333 said:

Hasn't he not long come back from an injury? They obviously rate him to be playing him when he's not fully fit.

Yep, guess he’ll be subbed off early second half if Forest continue to be on top of the game so the other guy can add some impact than Davis can’t do at the moment fresh from injury.

He's not getting on the ball enough and when he does, he's playing the simple pass. They're clearly directing the ball towards the right side of the pitch where Spence is whereas Davis is almost playing left wing. And he's not exactly playing target man for them so the crosses ren't going his way.

I still think he needs to do more with his movement though. He's far too leisurely and static that whenever the ball does come his way, he's instantly surrounded by 4 Huddersfield players. He needs to work harder to make himself a passing target or at least drop deeper.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or he’s not that great!

Maybe watch the other games he’s played in before saying he’s not that great. 

He’s half fit and they’ve shoehorned him in as such because he’s so important for them. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He’s showing for the ball between the lines every attack. Shame the forest mids are shit and don’t play the ball. 

I know they've had a good season, but Jesus, every time I've seen them they make poor decisions on the ball. Don't really keep it in the final third at all.

Â