Keinan Davis

a-k

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why would he say that about Davis though? According to people in here, he's rubbish! Is it possible that Forest fans have more basis for a solid opinion than our presumptious lot, who are judging him mainly off sub appearances in what's mainly been a poor Villa side?

No it's because he's scored the same number of Premier League goals in a Villa shirt as Peter Schmeichel.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd be happy with this, as long as we insert a buyback.

Why would we need a buy back? He’s not going to get better than this. Most certainly he’s not going to be a European team good, so even if he does get better, he’s still not going to be in our plans

• Like 3

2 hours ago, regular_john said:

Sell, sell, sell.

As much as I like him, he's never shown anything that makes me think he'll be a decent PL striker and, at 24, that's unlikely to change.

But Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy

Buy all the 25 year old very average lower league strikers!!

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why would we need a buy back? He’s not going to get better than this. Most certainly he’s not going to be a European team good, so even if he does get better, he’s still not going to be in our plans

Plus why would he want to come back here it’s not exactly been a lucky road for him.  I wouldn’t want a reduced fee because we want to include a buy back fee.  Just sell and break ties and good luck to him.

• Like 3

I don’t think Davies stock has ever been higher. He’s not going to be good enough for where we want to be next season and he’s really of the age where he need to be playing, not sitting on a bench getting paid premier league wages when he’s not been proven to be a premier league player.

I think I’d start at 10m and maybe go as low as 8m. 

We are very lucky with Davis and Forest. Its a bit like we were with Mings. They are nearly forced into paying a premium for him. That turned out to be a brilliant loan for Villa, Forest and Davis. A few more of these type of loans would be great for Villa

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tbh, I think £15m is too cheep. 

Forset ain’t going to get a striker that knows and suits their system as well KD for less than £25m. £20m is reasonable in my opinion 

Twenty. Million. Pounds. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m still flabbergasted that we could get rid of Davis and get Coutinho in for a net zero fee difference!  Brilliant business if it happens.

Not really that flabbergasting when you remember how desperate Barca were to get Coutinho's wages off their books.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m still flabbergasted that we could get rid of Davis and get Coutinho in for a net zero fee difference!  Brilliant business if it happens.

Slight correction 'Coutinho and Kamara'

It is unbelievable business by our transfer team. A step up from Drinkwater and Samatta 

Â