Jed Steer

samjp26

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So much more convincing than Kalinic and especially Nyland.

Our goalkeeping situation will be interesting in the prem, not sure even Jed will be first choice tbh.

I think Kalinic will come good but jed will push him all the way - nyland is not good enough at that level 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

He's been brilliant, always said he'd be fine at this level and he has been even better than that. Not sure how he'd be in the Premier League though, certainly requires some thought, I still think Kalinic will come good and end up our number 1, Steer will still be very good to have around mind.

• Like 1

It’s fairytale stuff, bombed out under a manager who didn’t fancy him, sent out on loan then recalled in an emergency and ends up winning promotion and being a big part of it, amazing and he’s still relatively young for a keeper 

He played well in the final and a lot this season, despite this there’s a little nagging doubt in my head about him. I can’t put my finger on it, but I’m not sure he’ll be good enough for the prem. I think giving Kalinic time to settle into England will see him become number 1

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

A player who's developed at the same rate as the team - he'll need to get better for the prem but don't see why he can't. 

This. He's deserves the chance to follow up on an excellent end to the season, Kalanic may be our #1 in the future, but Jed is in possession of the shirt for me, and I can see him improving more and more as his confidence grows.

Really appreciated his efforts this season coming from 3rd choice. Saves v WBA were fantastic etc etc However I am still unsure about him. Dropped a shot yesterday and for a fleeting moment I thought it was going to roll through his legs into the net. All the same massive thanks to him for help return to the PL

It may be a risk but I would stick with him this season, I think he's good enough, he deserves the opportunity to try and other positions need more attention.

He's improving all of the time and has put in some fantastic performance and made some top-notch saves. He's quite vocal too. I like him.

Image result for jed steer gif

Quite an innovative keeper too, most keepers like to save with their arms, but Jed knows that's what the forwards expect, he's developing a style where he keeps his arms by his side and saves the ball with an open mouth. 'The Gobbler' I believe it is called.

• Like 1

I still expect Kalinic to be number one.

He played what, 3 - 5 games in a new country and League, yet some people have written him off, makes ZERO sense.

He has the physical attributes and a great coach in Cutler to do it as number one.

Watching the highlights realised what a good game he had yesterday. Nothing spectacular but coming for those crosses under pressure was fantastic

He starts as number 1 for me - whether he has it who knows. 

Â