Jed Steer

samjp26

22 minutes ago, Thug said:

Steer was out on loan, we had Nyland In goal.  How was Smith to know how retarded Bruce was?

you kinda presume that the guy sent out on loan must be worse than the guy with the number 1 jersey.

He’s gone out and bought a keeper before he could assess Steer properly. 

Im not saying I’ve written off Kalinic, just that no one has any more a right to be in the first team than anyone else. It should be purely based on performance, and for me, he’s been by far the best of the three when you take all attributes into consideration.

Kalinic is too slow getting down, he’s spilt one that led to a goal, and he had the ball kicked out of his hands into the goal too, maybe a little harsh blaming him for that one, but I really think he could have been stronger there.

If we get promoted I'd be happy enough with the two of them seriously competing for the shirt.

Smith isn't in charge of transfers. I think it's fair to assume he has input, but we don't know how much and we can't say for sure where he fits into the Nyland/Steer/Kalinic debate. For now the shirt is Steers and that's all that matters. 

I think with Steer's distribution being of a markedly higher quality than anything we saw from Kalinic, it will probably stay his for a while. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just read an article around penalties on Birmingham Mail website around the possibility of penalties.

Apparently Jed has faced 3 penalties this season whilst at Villa and Charlton and saved non of them.

Need to stop clicking!!

But saved 2 in the shoot out against WBA 

9 minutes ago, kwoktolai said:

Hero, he deserves an apology from the clowns who decide to sign nylund ahead of him

His apology is he doesn't have to work with them anymore 😁

Really thought he has been brilliant the last few weeks and I thought he was excellent today. He couldn't do much about the goal but he made big saves when it counted and plucked balls out of the sky when we needed it. He should be buzzing and I expect him to be first or second choice next season. I don't think Deano will send him out on loan again unless. Well played Jed!! 👏

• Like 1

Â